Old 07-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #111
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
Re: ammo can

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbob

I generally don't reply to flame bait but in this case I just can't control myself.
In reply to this repsonse, I'm gonna back up Bob. Ammo cans are a extremely functional and that's really what's important.
+1

If you are really that concerned with your image, then the GZ250 probably isn't the bike for you anyway.

As soon as I can find some spare change I'm going to try to fabricate myself some ammo can saddlebags myself.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-13-2008, 12:51 AM   #112
rayzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Badbob I personally think that your ammo cans ARE COOL, the only people that Wouldn't think that a very cheap, very secure , very waterproof way to carry your stuff on your bike are Poseurs.
Im a poser. I don't like them. I won't put them on my bike. But then my bike in not my mode of daily transportation. It is for fun on the weekends to get away from daily life and have some fun. So far its perfect couldn't be happer with any other bike. I have done some things to my bike which some people here have had a few issues with but so what. Its my bike and I have made it look like I want it to look like. I don't want it to look tacky (hence the reason I won't mount these things). I want the cool enjoy life look. That is what is so great about motorcycles. They can be many different things to different people. For me fun and only fun. For people like Badbob and others it is there way of life and they depend on it on a completely different way than I do.

primal, what is wrong with a cool image on a GZ? Sure its not the biggest, baddest bike on the streets. Its not the $50,000+ full custom chopper but I think my GZ looks pretty damn cool. I feel cool on it. If it wasn't for my full face helmet you could see the smile on my face from ear to ear. I have a blast on my GZ. I have done a little bit of accessorizing (I agree with Badbob on his customizing comment) to make my GZ look cool (at least to me and that is all that matters).

My point here is to watch the name calling. I didn't do anything to you to deserve being called a poser.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:27 AM   #113
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
Don't get me wrong, all motorcycles are cool! Perhaps I made a rash generalization in saying that, but it seems like people who are preoccupied with looking "cool" are the same ones that buy a Harley and play dress up for bike nights. I freely admit I feel waaay cooler on my GZ250 than I ever do driving my car, and that's with my wearing my crotch rocket jacket and gloves and my full face helmet. In fact, as I was riding the other day, I looked over at my shadow and thought, "Dang! Now THAT'S cool." There's nothing in the world like a silhouette of you riding your bike...

Old 07-13-2008, 04:24 AM   #114
davtnn

Opinion: one of the reasons i (and others) follow this group is that you get a chance to see and read about inovations others have adapted to the GZ. If its cool or not is a personal opinion ... Some people live for cool and other (as in me )could care less about cool. If some one shares an idea they sould be congratulated not faulted ... if it works for you great and if it does not .. well what the heck have you lost ... nothing.

Bottom line is that we should applaud the inovators and not discourage them. I want to see and read about ANYTHING that ANYONE has done to their bike. I love my little bike and DID choose it over the other "cool" bikes available.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #115
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Badbob I personally think that your ammo cans ARE COOL, the only people that Wouldn't think that a very cheap, very secure , very waterproof way to carry your stuff on your bike are Poseurs.
Im a poser. I don't like them. I won't put them on my bike. But then my bike in not my mode of daily transportation. It is for fun on the weekends to get away from daily life and have some fun. So far its perfect couldn't be happer with any other bike. I have done some things to my bike which some people here have had a few issues with but so what. Its my bike and I have made it look like I want it to look like. I don't want it to look tacky (hence the reason I won't mount these things). I want the cool enjoy life look. That is what is so great about motorcycles. They can be many different things to different people. For me fun and only fun. For people like Badbob and others it is there way of life and they depend on it on a completely different way than I do.

primal, what is wrong with a cool image on a GZ? Sure its not the biggest, baddest bike on the streets. Its not the $50,000+ full custom chopper but I think my GZ looks pretty damn cool. I feel cool on it. If it wasn't for my full face helmet you could see the smile on my face from ear to ear. I have a blast on my GZ. I have done a little bit of accessorizing (I agree with Badbob on his customizing comment) to make my GZ look cool (at least to me and that is all that matters).

My point here is to watch the name calling. I didn't do anything to you to deserve being called a poser.

I apologize for making it sound like that Rayzuki. what I meant and SHOULD have said was people who would downgrade someone else for having something as practical as the ammo can saddlebags on their bike just cause they don't "look cool" are Posers. I never meant to offend people like you who just don't personally like them on their bike. I meant to offend people who don't like anyone who shows their individuality and most of all ingenuity to have something like this and would rather insult them then to either say NOTHING at all or to give them props for having them. :oops:

Later

P.S. now I hijacked badbobs ammo can thread to rant. sorry badbob

Old 07-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #116
Badbob

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not offended.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #117
rayzuki

I am a firm believer in complimenting someone on a great idea or job well done. I also do not speak negatively toward someone about something I don't like. I will offer a simple "looks good" and keep the negative to myself. I don't see the need in taking away someone thunder for doing something they are proud of just because I don't like it. Everyone has their own opinions and what looks good to one may not to another

music man....apology accepted.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #118
GodZuki

Just an idea, BadBob. Would the stock saddlebag brackets work for mounting the ammo cans better? Maybe less chance for the rear bolts to break. When mine get here, I'll have my husband look at them and see if he thinks they would support ammo cans.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #119
mrlmd1

Check out how I mounted mine to the brackets, with pictures, a few pages back. Real simple, cheap, and so far very secure.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #120
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodZuki
Just an idea, BadBob. Would the stock saddlebag brackets work for mounting the ammo cans better? Maybe less chance for the rear bolts to break. When mine get here, I'll have my husband look at them and see if he thinks they would support ammo cans.
I am using saddle bag supports. However, the bolts are carrying the weight and they have to be long enough to clear the shocks.

The extra nuts are spacers plus they allow me to remove the cans without a bunch of loose parts to keep track of.