Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 06-12-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
Glitch

Carburetor Rebuild Questions

I'm rebuilding the carburetor on my GZ250, and because I am a noob to both motorcycles and mechanics, I failed to realize that it might matter how many turns out the pilot air jets and the various other jets needed to be before I took them out. I was following the GZ250 service manual step by step, so at least it told me to count the pilot screw's setting before taking it out, but I didn't count any of the jets. So...can anyone tell me the specs and settings for the jets? My husband says I have to learn how to get my bike fixed up myself before I start learning how to ride it (which I totally appreciate), so I hope someone can help!

Also, how can you tell the difference between pilot air jets #1 and #2? I accidentally mixed them up on my table. One appears to say 87.5 on it, but the other seems to say 140. Is the 87.5 jet #1?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #2
derbydave

The pilot circuit, the jet under the brass plug should be screwed in until it bottoms out and then backed out two and one half turns. The main jet is screwed in all the way and then the needle valve controls the fuel flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk