Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 11-29-2015, 03:46 AM   #1
Tk22

Suzuki GZ250

I just bought my first motorcycle I've been riding for 4 years on scooters but I want to learn to ride a manual bike.

I bought the bike to replace my majesty 400 witch hates riding in the city I bought the bike 3 months ago and it's cost me $1200 in parts and it's my only form of transportation and it sits in the garage waiting for parts more then I'm able to ride it.

I haven't ridden the GZ250 yet the bikes got almost 14000kms on it I was wondering if it's worth putting a fresh cylinder on it I was thinking of doing either a stock cylinder kit or a big bore kit but I'm not sure if it's worth doing.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-29-2015, 06:30 AM   #2
Fawlty

You shouldn't NEED a fresh cylinder with 14000kms. I advise trying out the bike as it is, before you make any mods. It may suit your requirements. The GZ is a good reliable workhorse. It may not be as happy at constant 70mph as the majesty though. Good luck.

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)
Old 11-29-2015, 11:33 PM   #3
chandlerbingfl

I agree with the response below. My GZ has over 25k on it. I have owned it since 2010 when it had 1200 miles on it. Over the years I can tell and feel some loss in feel and performance. I do normal maintenance so I attribute this "loss" due to age...

Almost seems like you are making an assumption, a costly one.

Ride and hopefully you'll be able to tell if something is not right be it noise, knocking, problems shifting, etc. And yes since I changed to 16T sprocket I'm lucky if I can maintain 65+....

chandlerbingfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawlty View Post
You shouldn't NEED a fresh cylinder with 14000kms. I advise trying out the bike as it is, before you make any mods. It may suit your requirements. The GZ is a good reliable workhorse. It may not be as happy at constant 70mph as the majesty though. Good luck.

Login or Register to Remove Ads