Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 10-30-2017, 10:40 PM   #91
Vegas Street Rider

The riding is just getting good here. Temps are in the low to mid 80's during the day with plenty of sunshine and very little wind. Took a ride up to the Mt. Charleston area to see the trees turn color (mostly aspen) and then back down going through Red Rock Canyon State Park. I also went down to the Strip as I haven't been there since before the shootings and stopped to see the memorial set up by the Welcome to Las Vegas sign. Sad state of affairs.

While I miss the 4 seasons, I don't miss the cold. Hope you have a good winter WW2.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-31-2017, 01:33 PM   #92
Water Warrior 2

Thanks Vegas Street Rider. I could still be riding if I hadn't gotten ride of all my winter gear when I sold the Vstrom 5 years ago. I am primarily a sunshine rider now in summer but do enjoy the midnight coffee runs when traffic is very light.
We still get quite a few riders from the Greater Vancouver Area coming up for coffee but they are likely more tolerant of colder temps than I am. That may sound silly for a boy from the frozen prairies but since moving here in 2005 my body will not have anything to do with cold weather.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:28 PM   #93
Vegas Street Rider

I can relate to that. That is one of the reasons I live in Vegas. I worked in the extreme cold weather in the North for decades and now my body can't tolerate it anymore so I avoid that kind of weather as much as possible (except during skiing season). Take care.

Login or Register to Remove Ads