Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 01-27-2016, 10:31 PM   #1
spldart

crying Got clobbered by an Acura tonight.

Was stopped at a red light. Waiting to turn right on red. Allowed at this intersection.
So I'm looking 90 degrees left for an opening in traffic and BAM!!!!!
Me and my bike are in the intersection laying on our right sides sticky and confused.
Gas is pouring out the bike and my whole right side hurts and I can't get up at first.

Bystanders stand my bike up and roll it off to the side. Gas leak stops.
I'm laying there in pain trying to remember what happened.

All I can remember is a black car came in the corner of my periphepal vision and I only
got the 'thought' of the statement "oh" in "Oh shit!" out.

(I had rehearsed in my mind that if I saw a car bearing down on me that I would let
out the clutch and tear out of there.... I couldn't have let the clutch half out in the time
this happened. To fast)

I don't remember my hands coming off the bars. I don't remember my ass coming off
the seat. I don't remember the motor dying. I didn't even smell the gasoline coming out
the tank till 30 minutes later.

Minor concussion?

Anywho.
I'm in lotsa pain but I lived. Gonna miss work tomorrow but I gotta examine my wrecked
bike and of course see the doc.

So there is my heroing story.

Nearly all the impact was absorbed by my brand new Shinko tire on the stock wheel.
What should I inspect the bike for tomorrow morning?
It's making noises from the rear and my mirrors are f'd and etc etc etc.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-28-2016, 01:11 AM   #2
Vegas Street Rider

They will probably total the bike, but thank the good Lord you survived. Are you seriously going to try and bring it back to life? Outside of the obvious damage, there could be more that isn't visible that could cause you major problems down the road (no pun intended). Hopefully, the person has good insurance and you could get seed money towards another ride.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:22 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

WOW! That was a pretty hard hit you took. I do hope there is no permanent injury related problems down the road. And yes, by all means have Doc check you out. Here's hoping you see a Doc before reading this. After the adrenaline kick and shock wear off you can bet on some serious aches and pains for a while. Please keep us in the loop when you can. Fingers crossed for a clean Bill of Health.

As for the bike, I would consider it a write off. That was a serious hit and there could be untold hidden damage. Even a minor tweek to the frame will render it very difficult and dangerous to ride safely.

The upside(if there is one),you get to go shopping for a new bike.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:36 PM   #4
spldart

Update. The drivers insurance company (a big name company) wants to fight. Refused me a rental.
Even though there are multiple witnesses, cops also determined driver was at fault and the girl
admitted she was at fault.
I had to get a lawyer.
I had to get a rental.
I'm seeing a doctor.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:14 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

The insurance company is just blowing smoke to see if you will back down and go away. They can afford to fight you with big time lawyers but I think you will have the winning hand. You are a victim in this mishap. Never sign anything till your lawyer says it is okay.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:34 AM   #6
spldart

I'm proceeding under just such advice ww. Thanks 8~D
Old 01-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #7
Vegas Street Rider

Hopefully you have a forceful lawyer who tells them the longer they screw around, the higher the dollar figure for your pain and suffering.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #8
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spldart View Post
I'm proceeding under just such advice ww. Thanks 8~D
That is good to hear. Log all your aches and pains with the lawyer and Doc. Here's hoping all the aches and pains go away never to return.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of things but have you considered your next ride if the bike is a write off ? Just looking towards the future with you.

After my very short wet ride on the CTX700N, it might be a great contender for your short list. I am really chompin at the bit to get some warm dry weather here. Being a crusier but lacking the normal V-twin power plant may have a lot to do with poor sales but I don't care if the parallel twin is the reason. At 41% off list price for a new 2014 Honda is a no brainer. You might even find a used one for the price of a good used GZ.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:48 PM   #9
Water Warrior 2

CL and Ebay are your friends. Fingers crossed for a happy solution to this oops in life. Above all, your health is the main interest. Pain and suffering comes into play with any traffic accident.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:59 PM   #10
spldart

Been a little over a week. I've made 1300 in cash liquid and still waiting for the check from the
insurance.
Blue book on a 2000 gz250 varies from 800's to 1200's.
Got the estimate back from the shop today. Well past 1200 bux.
I assume they are gonna total it out. Dunno how much they will pay me but that goes on top of the
1300 I've been able to pull together.

What shall I end up with next....

I miss my gz250 farkles already