Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 09-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
BusyWeb

A Brave Boy's Ride - Jawbone OHV Trails (Photo/Video)

Hello, riders!

This is the report for a brave boy who inspired me about riding.
I got a riding camping last weekend at the Jawbone OHV areas (Mojave Desert, close to the California City).

And, I met a little boy who is going to be a real man later on for sure.
The reason what I'm saying is like this...

I was in the looong and steep hill which intimitated me when I was fronted.
Took some time to make decision, "Go or Not".
At the time that I have almost gave up to go ride fronted steep hills.
A boy came after me, and he went over the hills without any hesitation.. ^^
This brave boy inspired me alot, and felt some .. you know ha ha ha

Here is the boy's photo just before he went up the hill.
You can see his riding video clips at about 3:40 in the slide show.
Don't miss it; (you don't have to see other parts except his riding).
At the about end of the slide show, you may see his another riding.
He waved hands for me ?? or to other, but want to believe that he waved me.. ha ha ha

And, Photo and Video Slide Show (don't forget the sections on the 3:40 of clip)

[youtube:agmdwbi6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Er0VX6o3C0[/youtube:agmdwbi6]

Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
mrlmd1

Re: A Brave Boy's Ride - Jawbone OHV Trails (Photo/Video)

I would love to have those kinds of places nearby to ride around in, nothing like that down here in Florida on the Gulf Coast. I would even go out and buy an Enduro type bike like yours so I could play like that.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Busy that was a seriously long climb. Not real steep but the length of the trail can tire you and that is where you can make a mistake. Did you notice it is easier going up hill with gravity working for you ? The rear tire is always planted and pushing which makes steering and balancing a lot easier. You could try much shorter hills with more grade to them and experiment with the bike's handling and power. You will of course be limited to the bike's suspension characteristics but a fairly smooth hill will be a lot of fun. When in doubt don't be afraid to twist the throttle, sometimes that is all you need to regain control when you get a little out of shape. Thanks for the update and ride safe.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #4
alanmcorcoran

Little Dude has his own Secret Service protection. Reminded me of how I felt the first time I went down a grade on roller blades. Google the Dune mantra that starts with "Fear is the Mind Killer." I used to have it taped over my workstation. Still use it before playing the piano in public. Much scarier than riding the motorcyle on hairy roads.

Got to get me that KTM adventure so I can hit the dirt before my joints are completely shot.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:22 AM   #5
BusyWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
I would love to have those kinds of places nearby to ride around in, nothing like that down here in Florida on the Gulf Coast. I would even go out and buy an Enduro type bike like yours so I could play like that.
Um.. sorry to hear that..
Here; so. cal, actually motorcycle riders are blessed all year around.
My bike is a small trail bike, not actual enduro type ???
But still I love my current riding with it.
Thanks

Old 09-21-2010, 02:27 AM   #6
BusyWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Busy that was a seriously long climb. Not real steep but the length of the trail can tire you and that is where you can make a mistake. Did you notice it is easier going up hill with gravity working for you ? The rear tire is always planted and pushing which makes steering and balancing a lot easier. You could try much shorter hills with more grade to them and experiment with the bike's handling and power. You will of course be limited to the bike's suspension characteristics but a fairly smooth hill will be a lot of fun. When in doubt don't be afraid to twist the throttle, sometimes that is all you need to regain control when you get a little out of shape. Thanks for the update and ride safe.
Thanks, Mr. WW alwasys, and about riding advices.
Yes, it was easier to ride up to the hill, and riding down >> don't ask me, much slower and more fear.
Those hills are STEEP for me... ha ha ha
Honestly, I could not make sure if I and my bike could do before I see the boy and his gangs wented up.
Whew, fortunately, there were no sandy section on the hills.
I'll ride in my skill level, and will try some small adventures too... ha ha ha
Old 09-21-2010, 02:32 AM   #7
BusyWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Little Dude has his own Secret Service protection. Reminded me of how I felt the first time I went down a grade on roller blades. Google the Dune mantra that starts with "Fear is the Mind Killer." I used to have it taped over my workstation. Still use it before playing the piano in public. Much scarier than riding the motorcyle on hairy roads.

Got to get me that KTM adventure so I can hit the dirt before my joints are completely shot.
Thanks, Mr Alan for the comments.
Overcoming the fear is not easy for me especially when riding the motorcycle, yet.. and will be.

In those secret service, I think that the boy's mother is and following/protecting him during the riding.
Did you hear what the boy said to the behind truck just before he went down the hill ???
"Follow Me !!!", he shouted.
How great mind he has.. ha ha ha
Old 09-21-2010, 02:40 AM   #8
alanmcorcoran

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

-Dune, Frank Herbert

OK, it's cheesy science fiction claptrap, but it always resonated with me - and it kinda works!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:40 AM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Alan, I used to have the entire Dune series. It was exceptional in many ways IMO but then they made a movie of it and killed my interest in the whole thing. Sometimes the written word is best.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:11 AM   #10
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran

Alan you sure pick on tall expensive bikes. Yeah I know the color is appealing. You might want to take a peek at Suzuki's 400 street legal enduros. Suzuki makes 2 of them(available in the GWN) with one being a bit taller, and more dirt oriented tires with a tad less weight. My personal favorite was the Kaw KDX 200 that I had years ago.
Although times have changed and bikes are better I would not want anything bigger than a 250. With power comes weight as a rule and you will eventually have to pick it up.
As for your joints giving up, never fear. I had and still have a bad back. I found that dirt riding and the body english and muscle toning I experienced off road did wonders for my back. The taller bikes have longer more compliant suspension which is so nice you have to experience it to believe it.
Oh, just did some searching. Check out a Yamaha WR250R. Long legs, light weight and very modern.