Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #21
dentheman

Re: Looking to buy my first bike - 2006 GZ250 PICS!!

Thanks for the 'tip' to check auto dealers, not just motorcycle dealers. Just another little lesson from this forum.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #22
7thgear

There isn't much to it. Dealers only care about one thing: MOVING INVENTORY. They don't like to fuck around showing you the product, giving demonstrations, and just plain old wasting time talking to you. If you walk in there, or call, and take the initiative by telling them that you want to make a deal TODAY, then they will literally cut to the chase with you. All you have to say is that you want a great price and the deal is done. That's it. Do your research beforehand and make sure you know what price you want. When I was a salesman, the people that did this got the absolute greatest deals. Trust me, the dealer loves these customers because, although the profit margins are small, it is a quick sale. Plus, they appreciate it when you walk in there, know what you want, and get straight to business without wasting their time. If there is one thing salesman and managers hate, it's the people who spend 30 minutes there, asking questions, going on a test drive, and then saying "ok we'll think about it". 95% of the time these people do NOT buy a car/motorcycle, and salesman fucking hate the people. In fact, the jargon referring to them is "strokes". Eg, a guys walks into the dealership lot, and one salesman says to another, "don't waste your time with that guy, he's a fucking stroke. He comes here once a month, looks around, asks question, and never buys shit."

However, I worked at a dealership in horrible economy and my dealer was pretty desperate to move inventory. In a good economy, the dealer might not be willing to give such good prices. I don't know, I would have to wait till the economy gets better and work at a dealership again to see how they operate in a good economy.

One more thing. Sometimes, managers might think they smell vulnerability in you. Thus, they may not give you your price because they think you're willing to pay more. If this is the case, simply say "If you wont give me this price, then the deal is off." That's it. As the customer with the money, YOU have ALL the POWER. The managers will usually shit their pants and give up the bluff. Obviously, they would rather make very little money than no money at all. As long as your price presents a profit margin to them, they will give it to you.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #23
5th_bike

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely read your post again before I get anything motorized.
:rawk:

Login or Register to Remove Ads