Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #11
LilNinja77

Dug up that issue of Metric Roadbike, it was the March '08 issue. Among the various impressions/stats would be the following:
price of $3,499, SOHC air-cooled V-twin, front and rear disk brakes, claimed HP rating of 24 with claimed 11.5 ft. lbs. of torque, gas tank of 3.4 gallons, and a whopping dry weight of 375 lbs!!! I like the front and rear disks for sure, but that's heavy. The author claimed a top speed of slightly over 70mph. Looks nice though, no denying that....to me it's the best looking 250 cruiser I've seen.

Actually, back in December when I went to DC for the International Motorcycle Show, I was hoping they would have a Vento booth so I could see one of the Colts up close.......but I never saw one. Sat on the Kymco and Hyosung 250's while I was there to see what they were like, eh.......they felt a little, gimmicky....more like a toy bike than a real motorcycle. I dunno, there was something that just didn't feel right about them. I'm sure they are perfectly fine machines, but something about them just didn't sit well with me.

Just thought I'd share the info, for those that are (like me) too lazy to use Google :tongue:
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~

Login or Register to Remove Ads