Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 06-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #11
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl
Thanks for the tips Bob. I had read your post from before stating all this and it actually is making me think about going with a different grip than the ISO. Although the local bike shop swears he sells a ton of them and I did talk to one guy who uses them and likes them. I don't know, I already have a problem with numb hands. I don't want it any worse.
I have two GZ250s here one with the ISO Grips and one without so I get to try them both. The ISO grips are nice to look at and the larger diameter does seem to give you a bit better throttle control. I don't like the slick chrome because I can't grip on it any where I want. I ride a lot covering my brake and clutch levers while holding the grips between my thumb and forefinger. I find the ISO grips hard to hold like this unless my fingers are on the rubber part of the grips.

Even with lead in the bars the ISO grips vibrate more than stock.

I had a problem with numb hands when I first started riding my GZ250 until I realized I had a death grip on the bars and relaxed my grip a little. It doesn't bother me now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #12
Sarris

Grips, the Sequel

I agree w/ Bob. The ISO's are pretty good at vibration dampening, but I have found alot of people who gorilla grip the handle bars. The ISO's are fine if you just relax a bit! I have big hands so I have no issues with size or reach.

I also have the matching ISO Wing Pegs that are twice as wide as the stockers and do a better job of vibration isolation than the stockers.