Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 07-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Another Air Filter Option

This is the UNI replacement "performance" air filter for the GS500. It, like other GS500 filters, fits the GZ250. It even comes with some shiny stainless steel bolts. You can never have too much hidden bling bling...

As you can see, the filter element is significantly smaller than the factory air filter. The filter material the the standard foam that is used by UNI in all of their filters. It's a pretty goof quality part and is much cheaper than the K&N. It was only $26 from DennisKirk. It, much like the K&N, can be wahed and oiled and used for the life of the bike.

It will lean the mixture a bit but it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. I assume this is the becuase the surface area of the element itself is quite small.

The large mouth really lets some of the deep engine sounds come back thought the air box.

For best performance, jetting will probably be required. My bike ran "alright" with nothing done to the carb. I shimmed the needle anyway. At the very least shim your jet needle a bit. Top end (larger main jet) wouldn't hurt.

Login or Register to Remove Ads