Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 10-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #41
alantf

Re: 6 speeds is it at all possibile to mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead
I've used all 3 grades of gas. The only difference I noticed was at the cash register, and not the bike.
Theoretically this bike is supposed to run on cats' piss, so the third world owners can run it on whatever they can find. :chop:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #42
Sarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
The GZ is truly third world transportation. With a GVWR of 775 lbs less maybe 325 lbs of bike including fluids, means that your GZ can carry 450 lbs of driver & passenger. Include the Asian sub-continent low compression head that will run 60 octane gas, saki, dog shit, etc. and this bike will take the entire family to market. Papa-san, mama-san, junior-san, & baby-san. All on one GZ. So will it carry you?? Well, it carries my 6'-1" 300 lb ass on a 50 + mile round trip commute daily at 55 to 65 mph at 65 to 70 mpg. And with a 30" inseam, I'm not cramped. The GZ is easily the most reliable bike I own. No problems, just maintain on schedule. No muss, no fuss.
Quote:
87. Eighty Seven Octane Regular.

All US spec GZ's run on USA 87 Octane Regular. Page 2-2, paragraph #1 of my newly purchased owners manual says "Your new vehicle requires regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum octane rating of 87 ((R+M)/2 method).........."

The formula in the US is the (Research Octane Number + Motor Octane Number) /2. Both are different measurement methods for the same octane percentage with one of the two (don't remember which) is significantly higher than the other. The EU, the UK, & SE Asia have different measurement standards as well. It should be standardized, for sure.

The owners manual on site is very old and has incorrect octane info. My new manual is a US spec.replacement from Ron Ayers. Suzuki Genuine Parts #99011-13F59-03A
Quote:
Take a look at this site for a bunch of info on octane rating for gasoline. This is probably more than anyone wants to know. Interesting stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
From my previous posts. (PS: I no longer do 50 mile commutes.)

:2tup:
Old 11-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #43
RamAir

Sorry all that I have been away for so long I have just been so sooo busy! BUT I AHVE GOOD NEWS! She livess! I finnished the engine swap and black beauty got a clean bill oh health from the mechanic! :2tup: I ahve not so detailed pics of the motor change if anyone wants me to put them up I can. She runs great and he told me that the news engines compression is like new so all is well just a few small things to change here and there and she will be in perfict running health.

Again thank you all for you edvise and input I thought hard about what I was going to do and in the end I am happy with how it terned out.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #44
trykemike

Hey Ram . The gz will rev to 8000 rpm in 5th gear ( 130 k/hr ) but that is where max output occurs. My buddy suggests keep at 6000 ( 100 k/hr) for cruising and you will never kill it.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #45
RamAir

LOL So what rpm was it doing when I went over 140kph?? :retard: :lol: Well now I will be riden her a lok easyier. Trust me. This year and the next and I am done with her. I need something bigger. But I do really reeally love her. like I said I would love to keep her in the family. Also ya I still push her just a lot nicer to her. I cary oil around with me nowadays! LOL Also its leeking a bit of oil a bit so i think I have to tighted that. I have only a few mor plans for the bike that I can finish eary this summer then it will be just what I want it to be. It will be great! :2tup: