Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 06-23-2008, 03:11 AM   #11
JIBTEXHNKA

Send a message via AIM to JIBTEXHNKA
yeaaaah and i probably should have read more than half of what you wrote before posting that... i may have had a few too many beverages in me and i saw "less restrictive air filter" and thought i should show off what i've learned in here so far (which is quite a bit).

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #12
Badbob

HifloFiltro HFA3503 From Their website.

Looks like it might fit just looking at the photo. However, I couldn't find any air filters for the GZ250 listed the Hiflo site. http://www.hiflofiltro.com/

Anyone have the info for the K&N filter?
Old 06-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #13
music man

Hiflo doesn't "list" an air filter for the gz250, this specific filter is for a gs500 going back to i want to say 1988, could be wrong

the year it goes back to but, i went with the same year as my bike so i could remember what i asked for just in case i couldn't

remember or find the part number. And it does fit i am running it in my bike right now, drops right in. Like i said the only side

effect i have is that it is "noisier" than stock.

And the K&N part number is "SU-5589". Which is also listed to fit the GS500. As far as I know no one lists a aftermarket "GZ"

filter, but suzuki was "nice enough" if you can call it that, to make another bike with the same air filter style.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbob
Looks like it might fit just looking at the photo. However, I couldn't find any air filters for the GZ250 listed the Hiflo site. http://www.hiflofiltro.com/

Anyone have the info for the K&N filter?
http://www.gz250bike.com/viewtopic.php?p=6208#6208
Old 06-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #15
music man

I knew I had seen the k&n info on here somewhere, just couldn't seem to remember where, Need to look closer next time I

guess.

Later O_o

P.S. I owe Jonathan180iq the credit for the HIFLO air filter find. It was because of the K&N filter that he found, that I figured

out about the other aftermarket air filter choices. I just never could remember where i read it, because i read it before i joined

this site.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #16
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

To be fair, I had suspected that it would fit but until Jaime installed it no one knew for sure. Now we know.

"...And knowing is half the battle."

Old 07-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #17
emory70

Re: aftermarket air filters

sorry to bring back such an ancient thread, but it got me thinking. if the same filter is used on the 250 and 500, is the filter really too big for the 250 or too small for the 500? gm put the same tpi injection on the 305 and 350 small blocks, and the 350s saw a lot more improvement from tuning. i'm curious what the situation is on the bike filters. that may be one reason nobody sees a lot of improvement when running an aftermarket filter.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #18
blaine

Welcome.You see the most improvements when carb & exaust are modified to take advantage of the extra air.Don't forget that most engines are detuned from the factory to meet E.P.A. regulations.

:rawk:

Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #19
Water Warrior 2

All things being equal, the filter should last 2x's as long in a 250 as the 500. So far the Vstrom is still trying to use up it's original air filter after 46,000 kms. That's 28,500 miles. Must be the clean air and lack of bugs around here. But I do think the trip to the Yukon will do the deed. Lots of bugs to plug things in a fine fashion.