Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 06-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #21
rbert16000

Send a message via AIM to rbert16000
Patrick's Site...

The link below does not seem to work, Anyone have the correct site info?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-16-2008, 04:28 PM   #22
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

What link are you talking about?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #23
rbert16000

Send a message via AIM to rbert16000
Link...

I was referring to the link that supposedly went to another website... I dont see it now... Must have made it in error... Sorry...

Old 07-05-2008, 12:35 AM   #24
Water Warrior 2

Re: 700+ Mile Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by WdavisUI
I was throwing around the idea of taking my 2004 GZ250 on about a 380 mile each way ride from Boise, ID to Coeur D'alene, ID. It is about a 750 mile round trip and i was wondering if anyone has taken their GZ on a ride that long before. If so how did it hold up? Last thing i want to do is get 300 miles from home and have it over heat or something. My bike is a 2004 but in good shape with only 1200 miles. Any tips or ideas? I think i would split up the ride into a few days but is that too much to expect out of 250CC's? Thanks.
The GZ will absolutely make it. It is far stronger than you are. Fresh oil if needed, tires up to pressure and lube the chain. Ride it and enjoy yourself.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #25
WdavisUI

Thanks for the replys, i am looking forward to the trip. Anyone know of a website where i can order some reasonably priced saddlebags for my GZ? Also i am worried about the speed limits on the highways along the way, i think for the most part it is 55 MPH but i know it turns into 65 MPH along the way, i currently havnt gone any faster than 60 MPH because it seems to be too much for the GZ to handle, am i just not giving it enough credit? Thanks for the help.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #26
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Quote:
Thanks for the replys, i am looking forward to the trip. Anyone know of a website where i can order some reasonably priced saddlebags for my GZ? Also i am worried about the speed limits on the highways along the way, i think for the most part it is 55 MPH but i know it turns into 65 MPH along the way, i currently havnt gone any faster than 60 MPH because it seems to be too much for the GZ to handle, am i just not giving it enough credit? Thanks for the help.
I think you're just not giving it enough credit. I regularly hold between 65 and 75 on the standard 15t sprocket on straight roads. Once you get used to the engine screaming and vibrating like hell, you'll get to trust its stamina a bit more. Like others have said, these bikes are very sturdy, and with even a little bit of regular maintenance, they will hold out seemingly forever.

As a disclaimer, all GZ's are different, and some will not make a top end of over 65-70. A lot of the "speed" depends on load and wind resistance and maintenance regimen.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #27
countrydad

Are you taking Highway 95? What a nice ride that would be, lots of scenery and plenty of mountain curves. I have been through there several times (not on my GZ) and am jealous.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #28
WdavisUI

Yeah im taking 95, should be a great scenic drive.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #29
Moedad

Quote:
Yeah im taking 95, should be a great scenic drive.
Up 55 to McCall and then up 95? That's a beautiful drive. The Pancake House in McCall has HUGE pancakes. My 19 yo daughter ordered one and it hung off the plate all the way around. She couldn't finish it.

That's going to be a great ride. I'm envious.