Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 09-28-2015, 08:43 AM   #1
Bristow

New Odometer

My GZ250 has a broken tripometer which has always been annoying. So, I was browsing eBay and found a unit that looks pristine, but it is used which I have ordered. The install looks like it will be simple. But it is the entire odometer, speedometer, tripometer unit. The new odometer I am buying only shows 3,500 miles on it while my gz250 has 14,500 miles on it. Is there a way that I can increase the miles shown on the new odometer to match what the gz250 actually has on it?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-28-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristow View Post
My GZ250 has a broken tripometer which has always been annoying. So, I was browsing eBay and found a unit that looks pristine, but it is used which I have ordered. The install looks like it will be simple. But it is the entire odometer, speedometer, tripometer unit. The new odometer I am buying only shows 3,500 miles on it while my gz250 has 14,500 miles on it. Is there a way that I can increase the miles shown on the new odometer to match what the gz250 actually has on it?
Just ride it and enjoy the bike.
Just add 11,000 miles to the speedo reading for maintenance purposes. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:48 AM   #3
5th_bike

You could use a drill, like some "professional tradesmen" still do, to reduce a car's mileage.
Unlike them, use it in "forward" mode.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-30-2015, 12:36 PM   #4
Bristow

Thanks! After reviewing the Florida State Law on Odometers and tampering I decided to document the reading on the old and the new with photos and have attached that to my title so if I ever sell it I won't have to deal with any Odometer fraud and can clearly show the buyer the true mileage. However, it is nice to see a smaller number on the Odometer, but at the pace that I am riding I will hit 14,500 in a couple of years.