Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 12-22-2007, 08:13 AM   #31
Aussie_Al

Send a message via MSN to Aussie_Al
Octane rating

WOW guys, I know this is a late note on this subject but i was amazed at the octane ratings you fellas were mentioning.... In Australia our octanes run at 91, 95, 98 and although you pay the extra $ from 91 to 98 theres a marked difference.... :2tup: "She Fly's" :2tup:

Al'

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #32
Easy Rider

Re: Octane rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Al
WOW guys, I know this is a late note on this subject but i was amazed at the octane ratings you fellas were mentioning.... In Australia our octanes run at 91, 95, 98 and although you pay the extra $ from 91 to 98 theres a marked difference.... :2tup: "She Fly's" :2tup:

Al'
The difference in numbers is just that: Different numbers, not different actual octane. That is, there are (at least) 2 different systems for measuring octane; using each system on the same sample of gas comes up with different numbers.
Although I don't know for sure, I suspect your numbers are equivalent to our 89,91,93 present in most places in the "States".

Now for the real question: Are you telling us that your stock GZ 250 runs noticeably better on "premium" gas than it does on "regular" ??