Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 11-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
CLRibbon

Re: What tires are you running on your Marauder?

Thanks for the reply Water Warrior, the local Suzuki shop recommends Dunlops and I can't find my note on the styles at the moment
but it seems that manufactures are going for extended mileage and I would think that means a harder compound.
Dunlops always seemed too hard for my liking but I have not ridin on them in a long time
I will give them another look though.

This year I went with Avon's on my bike to get better mileage and I'm getting it but I am not feeling nearly as confident in the corners and will probably go back to the Pirellis next time even though I will only get around 6 or 7 thousand miles out of them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Re: What tires are you running on your Marauder?

Had Bridgestones on the Vstrom when I bought it in 2005. A lot of riders demanded a lot from the tires but I was satisfied with the grip and mileage(15,500 miles) They were the lowly Trail Wings. Next tires were Bridgestone(different model) but a notch up in grip with the same distance ridden. I liked their performance and bought them again. Sadly the second set were not near as good. I never felt like the bike was really planted on the road. The tires might have come from another tire plant for all I know and had a slightly different rubber compound.