Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
Jordan310

Near accident.

Wow.

So I was leaving a parking lot at night, at a T intersection,, it was kind of weird. A cab made a left turn right in front of me, and I hit the front brake hard. The loss of balance caused me to land on my feet, but the bike began to tip over to the left and almost come crashing down to the floor.. =|

The slippery pavement (it had sprinkled a bit that day didnt help my footing, and I fought the little 300lb bike holding on to the clutch, and lifting it with strength that came from I dont know where back up to an upright position. I hit my lower leg on the ground, and the bike didnt drop, but the left mirror was scraped like a mutha.

All said and done, it was stupid on both of our parts. Im actually glad that happened.
The cab just sped off, and I was a bit like .. whoa! .. but now I know to watch my speed much more, and take it easy.

This little GZ is a fun bike to start with, but Im not exactly off to a good start. 80Mph speeding ticket, and an almost drop? Yea.. time to respect this bike more even though it is a 250cc. Yep.

Please take it easy, watch your speed, and ride safe guys.
I like to push the bike as if it were a race bike, and now I have learned that a sport bike may just not be for me. I ride a bit hard, and like to push it. Pushing it to hard one day could mean a wheelchair, or death.

I think my next bike is going to be a sporty looking cruiser for sure.
Geared to torque, not speed.

Anyone know how much replacement mirrors cost?

Login or Register to Remove Ads