Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 04-08-2016, 12:56 AM   #61
Water Warrior 2

Light show. Did a temp hook up and fitting of the LED driving lights for the CTX. It is quite amazing what 35 watt LEDs will do.

The LEDs are just so powerful compared to high or low beam when on full power. The neat thing is that I can dial down the wattage for daytime running lights or less light when on low beam at night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LEDs on 011.jpg (86.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg LEDs on 012.jpg (77.9 KB, 7 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #62
Vegas Street Rider

They will definitely see you coming, which is a good thing.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:25 PM   #63
Water Warrior 2

I am sure I will like the lights. I miss my midnight coffee runs in the mountains. The extra light will help me spot the wildlife that insists on leaping out and scaring me half to death. The next big feat will be the wiring of a permanent nature. It will be a bigger challenge than any other wiring jobs I have done in the past. I made a total cluster *uc* on my Vstrom that lead to wires being like a plate of noodles. Maintenence was harder and I couldn't even figure out what I had done a year later.
This bike should be more professional looking and user friendly during maintenance. Never attach wiring to fairing panels if they ever need to be removed in the future. I am trying to find a route along the frame tubes and still make the bike user friendly during maintenance.
There are days I long for the simplicity of the GZ and it's lack of side panels and fittings.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #64
burkbuilds

Wow, that is really bright. Very nice.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:54 PM   #65
Water Warrior 2

Now I've done it. Ordered a Corbin seat and backrest for the CTX. Sure hope that fixes my seating problem. The slush fund will take a major beating but what of it. I am really not comfy or even safe feeling on an OEM that doesn't fit my skinny butt. I wind up hanging on to the bars for dear life and that just pumps up my arms and hurts my wrists just for good measure. All that should change in a few weeks after the seat is delivered.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:24 PM   #66
burkbuilds

Nothing beats a good fitting seat.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:38 PM   #67
Water Warrior 2

Finally got the Corbin seat and backrest I ordered. The stock seat was a very cruel and unususal punishment for my old body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CTX Corbin 002.jpg (98.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg CTX Corbin 004.jpg (96.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-13-2016, 09:34 PM   #68
burkbuilds

Wow, that is one nice looking seat. How does it fit you? Are you more comfortable and relaxed now?
Old 06-13-2016, 11:31 PM   #69
Vegas Street Rider

Looks like it gives you lots of back support. Hope it helps you ride in comfort.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:15 AM   #70
Water Warrior 2

Thanks guys. The seat is awesome. Nice support and I don't slouch with the backrest. I've only had two rides with it but it was just as nice as I expected it to be. The seat puts me about 3 inches higher and in a more upright seating position. Better posture and a better foot control position is a bonus.

I did have some serious doubts after ordering and sending a month's rent to get the seat shipped to Canada. It was a gamble to say the least. Thankfully Corbin worked their magic and all is well.

Serious doubts and great expectations at the same time don't make much sense but it was an on again off again decision that I had to make. I actually put less thought into buying the bike than I did about buying the seat.

Now I have to get my act together and do a proper wiring of the driving lights and install a Stebel air horn that a good friend gave to me.

Further down the line are soft side bags and some reflective tape just to brighten things up after dark.

Should have it done by the end of summer. No hurry, just a bit at a time and a little riding now and again. I seem to have lost the passion for riding and moding but it will likely improve with more riding and tinkering with stuff.