Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 11-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #11
music man

Re: A pre-ride Ride Report

I didn't make here cry, she made herself cry by not staying on the f@#king freeway, and following the directions we all three had in our pockets just in case we got separated, and my other sister was actually outrunning me on the freeway. And yes you would love it if you got a goldwing, I would suggest a older (and smaller one) like I was on, it was easily small and nimble enough (believe it or not) for everyday use.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Music Man, thanks for sharing the ride. Gotta say this though. Get Brenda into a riders training course. I can't believe she is still alive after 9000 miles. She needs some one qualified to teach her proper riding technique. I do congratulate her for learning on her own but there is a limit to some peoples learning curve without instruction. By now Brenda should be wearing the bike like a layer of skin and feeling it like an extension of her body. There are too many skills she has never developed to make riding a real pleasure and a reason to sing. Here's a thought. Sign her up as a xmas present. It will be the best investment you ever made in her life.
As for the Wing. I do envy you. Almost had one many years ago but life happens. Also if you think the new Wings would be too heavy and clumsy compared to the one you rode......not. The 06 and up models are the best hands down. Lurk on a Wing forum for a while. You will be surprised at the comments concerning balance, low mass/center of gravity and parking lot exercises. Far easier to sit on and balance than my VStrom 650. And they are fast too. One of the fastest riders at Deal's Gap last year was on a 06 Wing pulling a trailer. They are a superb bike in every respect. I just do not have 30,000 CAN $ to make one mine.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:37 AM   #13
music man

Oh I guess I forgot to mention that part, she did go to the MSF course after she logged about 3000 miles on her bike, she got up and left about midways through day one, because "she already knew everything they were trying to show her" and she doesn't like people telling her what to do.

Because see in her mind she rode just fine all the way down there, and all the way back.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #14
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Because see in her mind she rode just fine all the way down there, and all the way back.
I think you have the right plan now.....unfortunately.

Gonna have to leave her out of your group rides or plan a route that she CAN deal with .......if there are any.

And when she asks why you left her out, tell her that you refuse to be a party to her suicide. I get the feeling that you may have done that already.

Sad situation. Maybe she would be better off on a scooter with a top speed of 50 or so and an automatic transmission. Then again, maybe she'd be better off walking.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #15
music man

It wasn't the Route Easy Rider, she was doing that (slowing down to like 30-35) on regular highways also (which is also a suicide mission), it was just magnified when she was doing it on the freeway. So Picking a new route will not help, I just refuse to ride with her anymore.

Later