Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #11
Gadzooks Mike

I'm looking forward to the shop tour. I just don't want to miss it if I have to drive up that morning.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #12
Badbob

I'm not really interested in the Custom Bike Shop Tour myself. My idea of custom is to weld up a better mounting system so I can get some bigger boxes mounted on my bike.

I don't like choppers. Never have. Fancy paint looks pretty but I don't want a bike I'm afraid to ride.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #13
davidc83

here is the link to the itinerary:
http://www.rebel250.com/rebelforum/view ... 9956#99956.

The dates will be Aug 17-19 with the primary ride being on the 18 th.

Aug 17:

Meet and greet day to see old friends and make new friends. I will be at the hotel somewhere around lunch time or sooner.

there will be a ride at 4:30 from the hotel up 100 north to Ephesus.

---Ride Details:
We will turn left on Rodgers rd and go approx 6 miles over to hwy 87. We will turn right onto hwy 87 and ride across Parmer ridge approx 12 to 15 miles to hwy 22. Turn left onto hwy 22 and ride approx 4 miles to Rock Mills. Its an old yarn mill with a pretty waterfall. From Rock Mills we will ride approx 3mi to hwy 109 and turn right toward Glenn. Once in Gleen we turn left on Glenn rd and ride another 5-6 miles to Bevis rd. Approx 4-5 miles out Bevis rd is the Brush Creek campground . We will stop in there to see if any campers have arrived. We will leave Brush Creek park and turn right on Bevis rd and ride approx 6 miles back to Regency lodge. Then we can refresh ourselves and B.S some hotel. I would like to have as many riders as possible to hash out the final distance of the Saturday ride.

supper at Store To Door Pizza around 7:00 . After supper we can discuss the Saturday Ride.

Aug 18:

Meet at "Square" by courthouse. 8:00 am. Jerry will be at the motel by 7:50 to lead those staying there.

Breakfast in Franklin at the Village Inn 8:30 am
The Village Inn Resturant is also on the square so easy access.

Visit the Custom cycle shop after breakfast. After everyone is through eating we will ride down the hill to old hwy 27 and turn right. About 3/8 of a mile up old Hwy 27 on the left is the Custom Cycle Shop.

The ride will begin at the Custom Cycle Shop.

Ride details:
On the way back we will stop at Butner's mill for a seafood feast. This will be approximately between 5:30 and 6:30. It is 16.00 per head or you can order off the menu(steaks ,chicken ,hamburger etc.)

After we eat we get back on Hwy 48 and take it to hwy 100 south which brings us back to Franklin .

Aug 19:
Ride to Gedneys over in Roanoak ,Al to have breakfast.
We will be leaving the hotel at 8:00
This is approx a 20-25 mile trip one way
After breakfast we will return to the hotel to say our goodbyes and let everyone go their separate ways.

This is the finalized Itinerary as planned by the organizer, Jerry King of West Georgia.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #14
davidc83

Information on the Regency Lodge:

Regency Lodge $45 dollars per night . Each room has two queen size beds, a microwave,refrigerater,and cable T.V. It is located at 7725 hwy 27 in Franklin,Ga. They do not accept credit cards but the will accept reservations. Be sure to tell them you are here for the rally. Ph# 706-675-0427
Old 08-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #15
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Anyone know the northern most point of the ride?

Trigoss and I will probably come down on our own on Saturday and meet everyone for breakfast.
Then, as we are mid-ride, we'll find the northern most part of our loop and branch off on our way back home.

Knowing the northern point will let me map out our route back.

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

Old 08-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #16
Badbob

Jonathan, Check your PMs. I sent you the organizers contact info.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #17
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

" The northern most point will be just east of Ft . Payne ,Al(not far from I-59 and hwy 11 runs parallel ) and just west of Summerville , Ga.( Hwy 27 runs north and south)
If you need more info you can call me at home ***********************
Jerry "

This is courtesy of the friendly chap from the Rebel forum.
Thanks to Badbob for the contact info.

-Jonathan
Old 08-03-2007, 09:08 AM   #18
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Based on the direction that you've seen here, I made a Google map so we can get a good visual of what the ride will entail.
I'll be breaking off from the group around Ft. Payne, AL. for my ride back home.

I hope this link works. I tried to simply paste the photo but it wouldn't let me save it as an image.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1195705

See you there,
Jonathan
Old 08-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #19
Badbob

Quote:
I hope this link works. I tried to simply paste the photo but it wouldn't let me save it as an image.
You have to save the image first then upload it using the Add image to post link below.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #20
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

ACtually it was gmaps that wouldn't let me save the image. I know how to do it here.

Thanks though,
Jonathan