Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 01-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #11
Bill

Bulldog, Welcome to the forum from sunny northeast Florida.

I learned on a GZ250 (Safety Course that I highly recommend for those who are new or are getting back into riding after a sabatical) and was very impressed. Unfortunately I'm 6'1" with size 12 feet that make it difficult for me to get comfortable on the GZ250 but my wife finds it very comfortable and easy to handle. It has plenty of power and does very well all day at 55-60 mph. I think it is the best in its class and it has a nice stance like a cruiser should. But that is just my opinion. What everyone should do when chosing a motorcycle is to at least straddle it and if possible take it for a ride. Only you know if it will be the best for you. To know that you have to "feel the fit" not be swayed by chrome or paint or what other people say.

Here is a place to do a little reading if you would like to know how well it functions for the long haul. http://www.alaskabikerun.com . I think anyone would find this interesting if you like a little adventure in your riding.

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #12
Gadzooks Mike

Well, I'm 5'8", average proportions, and the GZ fits like a glove. After adding a gelpad for the seat, I now ride 200 to 300 miles on an average Saturday with no problems.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #13
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks Mike
Well, I'm 5'8", average proportions, and the GZ fits like a glove. After adding a gelpad for the seat, I now ride 200 to 300 miles on an average Saturday with no problems.
That's exactly what I mean. "Fits like a glove" is what should be first priority. :2tup: Otherwise it is not going to be as much fun or as comfortable over the longer distances. Yesterday I test rode a Victory Kingpin Tour - a very nice bike and over 1600cc. I enjoyed the ride but I still like the way my bike fits which is half the engine displacement and about 1/3 the cost. Oh, I have a couple more inexpensive things to modify to make it "fit like a glove" but for the moment the stock set up is the best I could find. I'm happy.

Cheers!

Old 02-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #14
BULLDOG

Thanx Guyz, for all the help i think ill get the zuki its shud have more room than the rebel i had.....and i like the looks
Old 02-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #15
Badbob

Height:5'11''
Weigh 230lbs
Inseam: 29''

I didn't think the GZ250 was cramped until I I had a custom seat made and raised it two inches. This made a huge difference. Its much more comfortable now. Sargent Cycles has a good read about seating positions and riding comfort you should look at: http://www.sargentcycle.com/csroadcom.htm

I'm an old retread from about 30 years ago. Welcome aboard.