Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #11
alantf

Re: New helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole2

Grab the helmet by the sides and pull out slightly. This will spread the helmet a bit and make it easier to put on with glasses. :biggrin:

:plus1:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #12
Road_Clam

I have both a modular and a full face, and honestly I don't see a huge advantage with the modular. Yes there is some advantage to being able to quickly flip up the face shield, but IMO, most of the time when I stop for a break, I want to completely remove my helmet anyways.

I also wear eyeglasses.
2001 KX500
2007 YZ450F
2001 GZ250 (Wife's !)
Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
Water Warrior 2

The modular is handier than you think. I just flip up the front when crossing the border so the guard can match the face to the passport. Stop for a quick drink of water and not need to take off the helmet. Also great for a quick pic while on the road. A quick step into the local 7-11 and no need to remove the helmet.
And last but not least. If your tummy says it's gonna heave you have a fighting chance to survive with some dignity.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
The modular is handier than you think. I just flip up the front when crossing the border so the guard can match the face to the passport. Stop for a quick drink of water and not need to take off the helmet. Also great for a quick pic while on the road. A quick step into the local 7-11 and no need to remove the helmet.
And last but not least. If your tummy says it's gonna heave you have a fighting chance to survive with some dignity.
Not to mention scratching your nose or, God Forbid, a sneeze. :biggrin:

Old 03-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #15
riningr

a new helmet is definately on my list for this weekend, I tried on a bunch of helmets last weekend and haven't quite settled on what I want yet, not sure if mine is just really extremely wore out or what but I started with an XL then went to 2XL which wasn't really much better, even going to a 3XL it still seemed tighter than what I'm used to... I'm not sure what size the one I have is, but all the pad is wore out so maybe thats why the new ones seem so confining to me...

Old 03-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #16
riningr

I'll definately have a full face helmet though, my uncle was in a motorcycle-car accident many years ago and his head ended up under the car, the only thing that kept the car from crushing his head was his full faced helmet...
Old 03-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #17
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by riningr
a new helmet is definately on my list for this weekend, I tried on a bunch of helmets last weekend and haven't quite settled on what I want yet, not sure if mine is just really extremely wore out or what but I started with an XL then went to 2XL which wasn't really much better, even going to a 3XL it still seemed tighter than what I'm used to... I'm not sure what size the one I have is, but all the pad is wore out so maybe thats why the new ones seem so confining to me...
Head shape makes a big difference. Find one that is a touch snug but you can feel all over your head. The padding will eventually give a bit to fit your head but remain comfy. I have a HJC modular and HJC full face. I was happy with the modular but then I tried on a Shoei Multitech. Oh my what a sweet fit. I could feel the helmet on my entire head with no pressure points. It was also a medium compared to the usual large by HJC. Shoei has just lately released their Neotech with even better features than the Multitech. Gotta do a test fit one day. Big bucks but probably worth it. Do the math, how much does it cost to own a $600 helmet per day for 5 years. Not a hell of a lot. 33 cents a day.................a lot less than a cup of coffee.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:03 AM   #18
Skunkhome

I am really in the market for a new helmet as my 3/4 leaves much to be desires and the wind nose Is such that I have to wear earplugs. Going for a short ride is a pain, by th time you get suited up add ear plugs, helmet, prescription glasses, or sunglasses and gloves I am thinking I should have taken the car or taken the scooter.

I really like the PGR or maybe a Hawk Modular.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #19
Water Warrior 2

I am All The Gear All The Time (ATGATT). I dress in all the gear or take the truck. A 15 minute ride is a waste of my energy getting dressed up like a power ranger. If my coffee isn't at least half an hour away I will not ride. Even better if it is 2 hours away.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #20
riningr

I liked the fit of the HJC CL-16 and HJC CS-R2, but I don't like the graphics they put on everything... I feel like all the graphics are for sportbike people and think it would look ridiculous on a cruiser =) my other problem is that my GZ250 is red and my XS1100 is blue and I want something that will match with both =)