Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 04-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #21
Arkygs250

Re: probably gonna up grade next summer. i like small bikes???

I have not heard a new one but I here they are super quiet. The baffles have been taken out of mine and 2 small holes were drilled underneath both exhaust pipes where the pipe connects to the muffler. This makes it sound awesome! It is a parallel twin so it will never really sound like a V-twin. But it sounds pretty dang good to me. It isn't excessively loud but she ain't quiet ether.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #22
dannylightning

that bike is definitely gonna be on my list thanks.. i seemed to have overlooked Kawasaki bikes, i thought i had looked at all the major bike makers to see what they had offered but i missed that one.. there were a few nice ones on craigs list between 3 and 4 thousand.

that will definitely be in my price range. im not looking for excessively loud but would like a nice sounding bike that is just loud enough to get noticed.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #23
Sarris

Sportsterisms. Man, do a Google seach. Sportsters are not for newbies or the timid. They are not junk, they just have Sportsterisms. HD's are all expensive w/ expensive parts and even more expensive service. Membership to the club is not cheap.

That being said, nothing rides like a Harley. Mine feels painted on with perfect balance. It's the best bike I've owned to date. I should also mention I've got about 35k in it.

Like I suggested, save the HD's for when you get a bit more experience.

BTW, the Vulcan 500 is a very nice bike, Also, the V-star 650, 900, etc. are nice as well.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #24
dannylightning

im not timid at all or scare of bikes. im ready for something that will haul ass but dont feel i need something that will completely haul ass. i have rode bmx since i was a kid. i have wrecked a bmx bike going over 55 mph with no protective gear. i was holding on to my buddy's car and i hit uneven pavement and it sent me in to a wobble, flew over the bars slid about 25 yards up over the curb and in to someones front yard. im the only person i know that successfully pulled a front flip on a bicycle. or would even try to do this. i have going 40 some mph doing a one haded dork wheelie all the way steep mile 1.5 mile long hill while some one rode behind me in a car and filmed it. im actually in a bicycle video doing that. think it was one of the bacovision video's. a dork wheelie is where you do a wheelie standing on one of your rear pegs and since it was one handed i only had one foot and one hand on the bicycle.

i do understand motor bikes are a lot different than a bicycle. I have rode a older sportster, a harley dyna glide, i have rode a crotch rocket (not sure how many cc it was) and i have rode a small virago a lot, also lots of my friends back home have bikes and a lot of really fast dirt bikes. we would take those out to trails and jump them. so im not exactly a newbie just never owned a bike.

i look at it this way. any time you get on a new bike is best to take it easy for the first few days you have it and get a really good feel for the bike before you try to see what the bike has. after a little while, than slowly push it a little more and a little more till you are comfortable on the bike and get to know exactly what your dealing with. so if you are not trying to give the thing hell from the second you get on it and you gradually warm up to a unfamiliar bike i cant see a problem as long as a person is smart about it and does have some riding exp.. that dyna glide i rode was my friends mom's bike and that was her first bike.

I really like those v stars but they are on the bigger side. like i mentiond before it's not the size of the bikes or the weight that bother me it's something about the wide gas tanks, I just don't feel comfy when i set on a bike with a wide tank.. plus i feel small when i set on one and i don't like that. i do want to look cool on my bike and not have people saying look at the midget on the motorcycle haha.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #25
dannylightning

today i went to the yamaha suzuki dealer to pick up some parts.. after all this talk i deceded to set on every bike in the place.. all big cruizers one of the v stars felt ok.. than i finally made it over to the suzukg m-50 it is a huge bike but it it felt great.. so i guess im not gonna rule out full sized bikes.. guess it just takes the right one.. that m50 did not feel heavy like some of the same size bikes it the balance on it felt just like my gz.. i actually felt just as comfy setting on that bike as i do my gz.. most of the bikes felt gross when i set on them.. but i really did like that one..

i set on a s-50 and could barley touch the ground.. did not feel well balanced either..