Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 01-19-2014, 04:23 AM   #1
Fawlty

New V-Strom-1000

Latest adventure bike from Suzuki. Looks good. (Tempted WW?)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...00-review.html

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-19-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Actually no Fawlty. But I will take a look at one next weekend at the bike show. I would prefer a lower saddle height and a lighter bike if possible. About time Suzuki fixed the 1000 though. It was more than a little long in the tooth after 10 years of duplicating all the original little SNAFUs the bike was born with. The 650 was and likely still is a better bike than the new 1000.
I do know that the price point will be beyond my resources. That applies to most new bikes though. I could finance a bike but toys such as bikes and their like are a bad investment at best when you factor in the desire rather than the need. I will continue my foraging on CL for a good used bike with a decent level of maintenance and repairs.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
Fawlty

Yes, beyond my justifiable resources too. I am happy with my Vulcan 500, but I was also happy with the GZ. I envy these motorcyclist journalists, who get to ride the latest models for a living!

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)

Login or Register to Remove Ads