Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 08-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
PimpS

Re: Air Filter

WW! Excuse for my ignorance again, but you were saying that you need to replace the plug... Plug on the hose or entire hose system? Ordering stuff for GZ here is a waiting procedure, since the suzuki franchise is ordering everything from germany, i think. I've ordered air filter 2 weeks ago and still waiting... ;?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
blaine

No,just be sure to reinstall the plug in the hose after draining the air box.
:2tup:

Old 08-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #13
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine
No,just be sure to reinstall the plug in the hose after draining the air box.
:2tup:
What he said. The plugs goes in the bottom of the hose. Any mung or crap collects in the hose so you can drain it.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #14
trionyx

Hello,
As you recommended I bought a Hiflo HFA-3503 air filter.
Just before installation I observed very small flashes of metal on the outer metal grill. After that I used a very strong neodymium magnet and I collected a lot of metal particles. This particles are because the grill is stamped..
So after removal with a magnet, I demagnetized the metal parts (with a special AC demagnetizer used for drill demagnetization), but there were some left on the metal stamping area. Also I tried to remove it by compressed air, but I don't wanted to damage the filter paper so I did it carefully. (I made some pictures, later I can attach if some needs it.)
I think this is an important information, please consider if you buy the above filter...Anyway, I wouldn't recommend anyone to use it!!
So I returned the filter to the shop where I bought it, I tried an other one, the same symptom.
After that I replaced it to Hiflo HFA-3501 which is a bit expensive, but the outer part is the same pattern like mosquito-net..It doesn't contain any stamping material of course because it is woven. Also the magnet didn't find any particles :-)
After installation I had problems at high RPMs, it just couldn't reach 6000 RMP...After putting some special foam into the filter to deaden the air flow the engine run well again.
So for me it means the carb needs to be adjusted probably. To be on the safe side I didn't change the carb settings till now, I just wanted to describe my problem.
What is you recommendation to keep the deaden foam in it or to set up the carb. Also I don't know if the carb can be adjusted to the above filter.
Thx.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
joebielski

So from what I've read on the forum. Changing the air filter or entire box to say a K&N filter WILL require Carb adjustment?

Old 11-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebielski
So from what I've read on the forum. Changing the air filter or entire box to say a K&N filter WILL require Carb adjustment?
Yes.A needle shim,mixture adjustment & most likely a larger M.J.

:cool: