Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
Jalket

crying No Throttle Response in 4th 5th Gear

Hey guys, new member here. i recently got my hands on a GZ250 that was sitting in a garage forever, 2002 model 1100 miles.

Long story short, couldn't fixed it, paid mechanics a few hundrede bucks, got it running.(the problem was missing vaccum on petcock) . The new problem that has arisen i lose power the bike starts bogging down in 4th or 5th gear and i can even feel it even in lower gears that its struggling.

One of my Coworkers said its the Seals and too much air is going in, another one said my bowls stuck.

I don't want to pay another couple of hundred bucks for something i can do at home. Please Help!!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
JGunn

This is a shot in the dark but have you checked the gas cap? Sometimes the vent gets clogged in the gas cap and so it doesn't release the gas into the carbs fast enough thus bogging down at higher speeds. Do you also stall a lot? This is also indicative of poor venting through the gas cap. Try riding the bike with the gas cap open and see if the bike improves. It's a simple test and won't cause you hundreds of dollars. If it fixes the problem then you're going to kick yourself for paying all that money in the first place. Story of my life.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:42 PM   #3
miller.connor25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalket View Post
Hey guys, new member here. i recently got my hands on a GZ250 that was sitting in a garage forever, 2002 model 1100 miles.

Long story short, couldn't fixed it, paid mechanics a few hundrede bucks, got it running.(the problem was missing vaccum on petcock) . The new problem that has arisen i lose power the bike starts bogging down in 4th or 5th gear and i can even feel it even in lower gears that its struggling.

One of my Coworkers said its the Seals and too much air is going in, another one said my bowls stuck.

I don't want to pay another couple of hundred bucks for something i can do at home. Please Help!!!!
my 2003 was doing that and I found a huge hole in my airbox there is too much air going in there is a hole or a leak somewhere

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads