Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 10-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #21
dentheman

Re: Road trip San Diego CA to Albuquerque NM

Also a tire inflater and several co2 cartridges to fit in case of a slow leak, it might be enough to get you to a shop. I would try to have some extra cash in my checking account and take a check card, to be on the safe side. Enough to cover the replacement of a tire and some other unforseen maintenance.

Some personal comfort items might include a multi tool or Swiss army knife with can and bottle opener (mine would have to have a corkscrew). An mp3 player and earphones. A small tube of anti-bacterial ointment and a few bandaids. And be sure to check in with friends or relatives from time to time to keep the worry down. If you take medications, have enough and a little extra.

Some of these things might have already been mentioned but I didn't see them.

I didn't see the date you are leaving, I hope this post isn't too late.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #22
Water Warrior 2

No you are not too late. His trip is next spring/early summer. Pllanning well in advance is good if there is a time element involved during the trip. Also there are places that are must see's. Not really a vacation ride but a ride into the future and education is the theme.
I on the other hand wound up in Albuquerque after missing a turn for the Grand Canyon. Carried on to Roswell for an alien T-shirt. Fun trip overall. Wound up in Deadwood City South Dakota for another T-shirt before returning home. This was not a bike trip but a cage trip and time was on my side. I learned to look forward to wrong turns and detours with a sense of adventure.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #23
3-D Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
Also a tire inflater and several co2 cartridges
I suggested a mechanical foot pump because they are not limited to how many times you can inflate the tire. I also suggested a compression driven engine-pump, because he has two cylinders. I would not suggest a can of 'Fix-A-Flat' because you might have one heck of a time getting it in-between the spokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
I would try to have some extra cash in my checking account and take a check card, to be on the safe side. Enough to cover the replacement of a tire and some other unforseen maintenance... And be sure to check in with friends or relatives from time to time to keep the worry down.
:2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #24
mrlmd1

Get a Spot Messenger so family and friends can follow you on Google maps and you can also call for help or send an SOS (via satellite) if you are out of cellphone reach.