Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
ecr959

new electric motorcycle by HONDA

check out the story
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/02...le+Feedfetcher

Look at this crazy-looking bike

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
JWR

Re: new electric motorcycle by HONDA

That would be fun in the twisties.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
Rookie Rider

I like....... how you doin ecr ?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
ecr959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Rider
Good. Let me tell you in a PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecr959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Rider
Good. Let me tell you in a PM.
ecr, update too please.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
blaine

I also would like to know how you are doing. :cool:

Old 02-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
ecr959

OK. OK.
Hi WW, Hi Blaine.

Well... that good job I got down here only lasted a week. It was training for a phone rep job, and after the first week they gave everybody in class a test, to see if you had absorbed the first week of training. Well, I failed the test, they wanted you to pass with at least an 80, and me and 4 other guys didn't get 80. I got a 2nd chance, and my score was closer to 80 but still not there.
So they let me go, I got paid for that week. I still had some savings, I was surviving on a little bit I had left in the bank. Oh yeah, Citibank doesn't have any locations down here, so I had to close that and start a new acct with a local bank.

I was staying with a friend but he said I had to move out asap (long story) so I found a little furnished room in a mobile home. And I'm still not working steady but I got an application going with AT&T for a cable installation guy job. I already took their skills test and passed, the next step is a face 2 face interview. They said it could be 2 weeks or 2 months, so I signed up at this temp labor place. They send guys out to construction sites, mostly unskilled labor. Some kitchen work too. I told them I can be a busboy, or a dishwasher. I am also getting contacted by other companies for customer phone rep jobs. I'm gonna score a job somewhere.
They might get me something today or tomorrow.
I also got a callback from 2 places I applied to, from ads I saw on Craiglist. I also got a interview over the phone from Home Depot, they liked me, they said the next step is a face 2 face interview. That was 3 weeks ago, I'm still waiting on them. Plus I got 2 resumes on Monster.com and a few other places : one is for skilled work as a repair tech, the other resume is for kitchen help. I can be a dishwasher , or I can slice potatos or mop floors, I just want a fulltime.

About my bike, I'm riding almost every day, the bus system down here is parttime at best. Only a few hours a day, only a few streets, only a few days a week. IT sucks, its almost non-existant. I am glad to ride around on the bike to the Temp Labor place, to interviews, if you don't have wheels down here, its impossible to look for work. I can park the bike right next to my door at this mobile home park I'm in. I am still very much a newbie , I only have about 600 miles experience. I just bought the bike last August, in Staten Island. But you know what ? I am seriously thinking about when I do get a steady job, I wanna get a 650 or a 750. I like the Suzuki Boulevard S40, it has a low seat, as low as a GZ250, its a Suzuki bike, its 650, and it looks really good in candy orange. I have been collecting a few pics and the brochure from Suzuki. I think I might get one from craiglist or a local dealer. I feel like this GZ won't stay at 70 or 75 if I need it. If I have to get on an interstate and get to 70 mph and stay there, I want to make sure I can stay there. Have you guys pushed the bike to 70 mph and kept it there ? I am certainly not gonna do it every day, my riding so far is just city riding, but I know in the summer I'm gonna want to stretch myself a bit.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
Water Warrior 2

Eddie, a couple thoughts on the S-40. Only 60 lbs heavier than the GZ with a 650 single so basically a bigger GZ. Highway cruising may be somewhat annoying with a big thumper going 70/75 mph. I would suggest looking at the 50 series bikes. 800cc V-twins that will run all day at those speeds with plenty to spare. Comparable seat height too. Maybe a tad more but Lynda fits her M-50 at 5'4" with riding boots on. There are C, S and M series to drool over. The S is a hot rod with carbs rather than FI. The lightest too.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #9
blaine

Hi,Eddie.I gotta agree with WW on this.I have rode the S40 (savage).I found it very under powered for a 650cc.Also a lot of vibration.There are a lot of bikes in the around the same displacement,that will run circles around the S40.As WW stated the 800's are very good machines.Vulcan 500's are excellent if you can find one.The 750 shadow also comes to mind.IMO all much better bikes than the S40.I hope things look up for you in the job department.
:cool:
:cool:

Old 02-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
ecr959

Thank you for the great answers. Well Blaine ... funny you should mention the Vulcan 500. Before I moved down here , there was a Vulcan 500 at a dealer in Staten Island. I went inside to drool over it a few times. The salesguy said it was a 2009 Only 4K miles. He wanted $4K. I sat on it a few times, it was really nice ( to me most bikes are nice). I just was in the middle of moving and did not have the spare cash to make a deal, even if he would have taken my gz as trade-in. I see the Honda Spirits are nice-looking cruisers. The smallest is a 750.
The smallest Kawasaki Vulcan is a 900 now. I browse craiglist sometimes and see vulcan 750's , sometimes.

Anyway, thats at least a year away for me. I can enjoy the gz for another 6 months or a year.
If I have to, I know I can get on an interstate and just cruise at 60 on the far right lane. Thats OK for now.