Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 06-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #41
mobleydrew

Had another recommendation from someone that said the valve adjustments could also be to blame. It made sense how he explained it. Gaps were indeed to small. Adjusted them and I also adjusted float more. Started right up on first push of the button. Idled better and lower this time before stalling, but still too high. Stuck my hand in air box and manifold was wet with gas again.
Perhaps the little rubber tip on the needle valve is worn out and not stopping the flow of fuel? Maybe PO used E15/E85 fuel? Maybe he used a carb cleaning solution that is not friendly to rubber parts? Petcock seems fine, and stops the flow of fuel when the engine is not running.
When I rebuilt the first time, I let it soak in one of those paint buckets of carb and parts cleaner for 24 hours, rinsed and sprayed out with Gumout.
I think I will order a new needle valve and needle valve seat, since it comes as a set, and see what happens. PO said the float itself was new, and it looks like it. Ill keep playing with it.
Thx

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #42
mobleydrew

It works!?!?!? Im thinking it was the needle valve seat AND/OR needle valve itself. The seat did insert tighter than the old. Im thinking the o-ring was worn out. Seems to no flood anymore. Adjusted idle down pretty far, put too nervous to adjust down close to 1300 just yet. Ill be more confident in the repaid over the next week or so, and only ride in the 'hood.
Thanks for you all of your help, Spldart!
Old 02-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #43
gzvirgin

Had same problem. After much trial and error I realized the main jet and jet pilot (number 28 and 30 on the carburetor parts diagram) were interchanged. I put them in the right spot and bingo, perfection. Lots of gas in oil after experimenting though - make sure you change your oil.

Login or Register to Remove Ads