Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Re: Rode a Honda NC700!

Yup, the tranny is their second generation unit. The first was on a 1200cc bike. They are electronically controlled dual clutch manual tranny set-ups that are pretty slick.
I've driven a couple cages with this type of tranny and the shifts are a work of art. Oddly enough both cages were Fords which have been ranted about by dissatisfied drivers due to ongoing problems with some units.
So here is my hope. Honda brings the CB500X to North America with the dual clutch and ABS. Sweet bike. Honda will capture an ignored market segment of new and less aggressive riders who just wannt to be in the wind on 2 wheels. A new user friendly and economical way to ride. Are you listening Honda?????????????

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
dentheman

I did a search for the CB500X; very interesting! It has occured to me that over the last few years motorcycles have finally caught up to cars in technology. For years cars have had fuel injection and ABS brakes, while motorcycles clung to carburetors and standard brakes. The two types of vehicles have much more in common now; in fact, not too long ago, I was reading that Ford may be bringing a three cyclinder car to the market (maybe it is already on the market, I don't stay well informed about automobiles).
Old 11-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #23
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
I did a search for the CB500X; very interesting! It has occured to me that over the last few years motorcycles have finally caught up to cars in technology. For years cars have had fuel injection and ABS brakes, while motorcycles clung to carburetors and standard brakes. The two types of vehicles have much more in common now; in fact, not too long ago, I was reading that Ford may be bringing a three cyclinder car to the market (maybe it is already on the market, I don't stay well informed about automobiles).
Might well happen with Ford. They seem to have a handle on the Ecoboost line of 4 and 6 cylinder engines. One less piston won't be much of a problem with a turbo or super charger.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #24
dentheman

WW, and others. The 2013 CB500X is now shown on Honda's website. So I guess it's HERE, or will be shortly!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #25
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
WW, and others. The 2013 CB500X is now shown on Honda's website. So I guess it's HERE, or will be shortly!
Fantastic. Should bring in a new group of riders who can't see themselves on a scooter but want shiftless riding. A big :2tup: to Honda.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #26
dentheman

From what I can tell, it only comes with a 6-speed MANUAL tranny. But there are both standard and ABS brake models.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #27
Water Warrior 2

I was disappointed to see that when I did a search a short time ago. Guess the shiftless folks with have to buy the 700c models. Still, the 500cc bikes should be a big hit. Having a choice of 3 different 500cc models is a bonus. The naked bike is getting back to the UJM we all used to know and love.