Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 07-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
burkbuilds

My Vulcan 500 after the wreck and some clean up work

Well, I've been working on the 500 for the last couple of weeks now. Working on a bike from a wheelchair is challenging and slow but I've finally gotten it back to a point where I'm ready to sell it. She's still got some scratches and all but mechanically she's fine and I replaced or removed most of the badly damaged stuff. The wreck took out my windshield, floorboards, crash bars, right mirror, grip and lever. So I replaced both grips, the right lever and both mirrors and just removed the crash bars and windshield and put the OEM footpegs back on. Then I started cleaning and polishing everything else until I got it about as good as I'm going to be able to do. I had a dent in the tank the size of my left knee but I was able to pull it out using a bolt and super glue without drilling any holes and it came out pretty good. I had to paint that patch and later this week I'll buff it down with some polishing compound and wax it and it shouldn't be very noticeable. Well here are some shots of her.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: My Vulcan 500 after the wreck and some clean up work

BB, I can't even start to imagine the effort involved to accomplish all that from a wheelchair. The bike looks almost perfect to me. Now I can hardly wait for the magic to begin on the new bike and trike kit.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
Rookie Rider

Great! Inspirational job.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
burkbuilds

Thanks guys. I've got it listed on Craigslist for $2100 and if it doesn't sell in a week or so I'll probably take the Kawasaki dealer up on his offer to put it in their showroom for $100 fee if it sells.

They are scheduled to deliver the 900 this week and I'm hoping the Trike kit will get here soon, then I'll have some real work to do.