Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
rhardcore

Question New problem I haven't found on the forum, bike won't start, please help.

2009 GZ250

I have read through numerous threads and this one seems to be new. Thank you for everyone because I had a lot of things I was able to try before posting.

It started with the 10 A fuse that runs the tail light, dash cluster, and signal lights always burning out. After a lot of frustration, I seem to have narrowed it down to a physical location.

When the fuse would be fine and the bike running, I could sometimes burn it out by simply reving the engine. Then I noticed something else. I was able to repeated pop the fuse by turning the handlebars all the way to the right with the bike running. I seemed to have found my target area.

The bike was running fine. To buy some time while I scheduled taring apart the front of the bike, I bought a 10 AMP circuit breaker from amazon.com. It was supposed to be auto resetting. It failed miserably. I may as well have put a paperclip in the fuse location. It allowed the main 20 AMP fuse to blow near the battery. After replacing the 20 AMP fuse, the bike won't start.

The bike ignition comes on, it cranks very strong, there is fuel moving through the carb's bowl. I have spark when I pull the plug and hold it near the engine block. The air filter is clean. Of course, none of this should matter because the bike started and ran fine before the 20 AMP fuse was blown out by a un-fused short in the 10 AMP that runs the taillights, cluster, and running lights.

Can anyone please help? I would like to sell this bike, but I want it to be in tip-top shape without any surprises to the next owner.

Thank you,
Raymond

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
starting fuse electrical