Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 02-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
miller.connor25

well I had fun on it while it lasted

I had a crash with my 2003 Suzuki gz250 the front end is all messed up i could fix it but i dont think it's worth it i just had a car run me over but nothing broke I just got a dislocated right shoulder and a bruised left thigh from where the car ran me over I'm alive though

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-18-2019, 11:37 PM   #2
Vegas Street Rider

That sucks but any crash you can walk away from is a good one. Sorry your adventure with the GZ is over. Any plans on getting another bike?

Hope you heal quickly. If the insurance company doesn't cover your loss, you might consider parting it out on the site here to recover some of your investment.

Good luck!
Old 02-19-2019, 12:12 AM   #3
miller.connor25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
That sucks but any crash you can walk away from is a good one. Sorry your adventure with the GZ is over. Any plans on getting another bike?

Hope you heal quickly. If the insurance company doesn't cover your loss, you might consider parting it out on the site here to recover some of your investment.

Good luck!
I wont be getting another bike till after I get a car I'm only 15 but yea everything on this bike works except the front forks are completely bent and the fender is shattered and the gas tank is scratched up but heck it still starts up and runs just cant go no where[emoji23]

Old 02-21-2019, 12:01 PM   #4
Gunk

Gwow small world, I saw your post through #gz250 on Instagram... Glad to see you walked away from it. Like VSR said, any wreck you can walk away from is a good one.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #5
BladeVortex

What do you plan to do with it? If you have the patience, then there are plenty of people who want parts for their own bikes. You could make your money back and then some.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:28 PM   #6
miller.connor25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeVortex View Post
What do you plan to do with it? If you have the patience, then there are plenty of people who want parts for their own bikes. You could make your money back and then some.
idk if I should fix it or part it out

Old 02-24-2019, 04:52 PM   #7
Gunk

Hey if you consider parting it out, let me know. I just dissasembled my valve cover and the dang thing's got a crack in the middle.

Send me a PM if you feel like making a few bucks off of a wrecked bike
Old 02-25-2019, 11:18 PM   #8
miller.connor25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Hey if you consider parting it out, let me know. I just dissasembled my valve cover and the dang thing's got a crack in the middle.

Send me a PM if you feel like making a few bucks off of a wrecked bike
okay I will consider it I'm still thinking of what I should do

Old 03-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #9
BladeVortex

It's completely up to you if you want to part it out. I am definitely not an expert but from what I can see, it looks like you will need 2 new front suspension assemblies and a new rear brake pedal assembly.
I believe you can buy what's called a "cartridge kit" which is just 2 front suspension assemblies. I think all that's important is their orientation, diameter of the upper pole, and diameter of the lower hole.
You can also buy used GZ250 front end assemblies on eBay for cheap, however obviously if they're there then they were in the same situation as you, if that's important to you.
The rear brake is the same, you can buy a new one as an aftermarket part if you can check fitment, or you can buy used ones off of other GZ250's that have been part'd on eBay.
I recommend parting it out, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to fix it up so long as you do it yourself. And as with every DIY job on a motorcycle, don't do it if it makes you uneasy, you should be confident. If you feel uneasy, it's your brain saying "hey there's a detail that you don't know about that will totally ruin the bike". The simple fix for that is hours of YouTube and Google. Good luck!
Old 03-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #10
Fatch

Oh wow, I'm glad to hear you walked away from that but also sorry to hear about the accident and injuries. Whatever you decide to do, good luck. Like other users have said, looks like it'd be some effort to get the bike up and running again, but probably not as much as you think.

Heck, if you really wanted to do something interesting, this would be the perfect opportunity to get into a custom bike. Look over in the media section of this forum, there's some real cool stuff there.