Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 09-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
Searchforwisdom

Factory Took Kit Question

Hello all,

I just bought a 2002 gz250, my first bike, and I am very excited. I was sad to find that the owner said he did not have the factory tool kit. So, my question is, does anyone know of a place to order the standard tool kit?

I would really like to own the actual kit, but if I had to I would buy pieces myself if someone also knew of a list with all of the components of the factory tool kit.

Thanks!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: Factory Took Kit Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searchforwisdom
does anyone know of a place to order the standard tool kit?
Suzuki dealer
Junk yard
Ebay

Someone on here was parting out a whole bike. Don't know if he had the tool kit or not.

Welcome, fellow Illini!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Or you can go to Bikebandit.com and get an OEM kit (numbers 13,14,15). Probably cheaper than a dealer.

Cheapcycleparts.com has it also for even cheaper than BB. They don't allow direct linking so you'll have to look it up on your own, but the SKU numbers are 09800-21022 for the tool kit, 09816-00050 for the #6 hex spanner, and 09816-00103 for the #4 hex spanner.

However, you might can just go to a local hardware store and pick up a group of metric tools that the kit includes. There's nothing specific to the GZ in there except for the curved wrench for the rear shock preload adjustment, and that can be done with a channel lock or pair of vice grips.

I think the included tools are listed on the forums somewhere. You'd have to search for it. If not, I'm sure myself or someone with some time could make a list.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
Searchforwisdom

Thank you very much for the help! Found it! Now I can begin my journey down the art of motorcycle maintenance (and Zen)
Old 09-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #5
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

No problem. I think I'll still get a pic and a full list of the tool kit and other recommended tools for the bike. I'll put it in another thread though later.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #6
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal

I'll second buying a standard metric kit. For the price of the OEM toolkit you can put together a much nicer set.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
patrick_777

Yeah, the tools they include are really inferior, dollar store crap.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:43 PM   #8
Water Warrior 2

You might try Sears when Craftman tools are on sale. Christmas is coming too. Make a wish list that you will appreciate and use. A small 4 inch crescent wrench and small vise grips will be easy to store onboard and can be very handy. More small stuff is an LED flashlite, cotter pins for rear axle and spare fuses.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #9
patrick_777

Took this today. Added the sparkplug gap tool, some cotter pins for the rear axle and a pair of needlenose pliers. There are many better things to add or replace all of these with, but I honestly haven't put the time to it.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
Gz Rider