geezer

Re: Turn signal Issue

wow, i just hope you dont waste your money on trying to "fix" this :lol:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #12
mrlmd1

"I'm sure you NEVER forget to cancel your turn signal do you mrlmd1?"

I never said or implied that, and I would imagine everybody does forget now and then.You forget less the more you ride. I've just never heard of this problem before and somehow don't think replacing the relay will solve it, but if you do that and it does, then please let us know.
My PC800 has self-canceling turn signals and that I forget, always going to turn them off after a turn.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #13
poboyle

Just bought my GZ , it is a 08, with 956 miles on it. At first the turn signals would work for awhile and then stop, working again later, w/o my ever turning off the bike. Now they have stopped working altogether. If I want to replace the relay where will I find it? Its two hours to the closest dealer.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #14
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by poboyle
Just bought my GZ , it is a 08, with 956 miles on it. At first the turn signals would work for awhile and then stop, working again later, w/o my ever turning off the bike. Now they have stopped working altogether. If I want to replace the relay where will I find it? Its two hours to the closest dealer.
Welcome.It is beside the fuse box under the seat.It is a combination flasher & side stand relay.Check all your bulbs,as a bad bulb will cause them not to flash.
:2tup:

Old 10-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #15
poboyle

Thank you - the kick stand kill switch has also been on again - off again in its performance so I'm seeing a pattern.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #16
blaine

Quote:
Thank you - the kick stand kill switch has also been on again - off again in its performance so I'm seeing a pattern.
check the plug on the back of the switch and be sure connections are clean & tight.
:cool:

Old 10-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #17
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
3 years old and hardly ridden. I would be trying to get some contact cleaner into all switches due to long term corrosion and lack of use. Rear brake light switch, clutch lever safety switch, signal switch, horn button, hi/lo selector, starter button, kill switch, the side stand switch and it's plunger.
Might be an idea to put a little lube on the side stand itself too. Lever pivots, foot pegs pivots and some chain lube into the little rubber booties on the shifter linkage to keep things limbered up and free. The GZ will thank you for a little TLC with many happy miles and smiles.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
Jvacustoms

I have been having a similar problem but mine stems from pushing down slightly on the turn signal and over to a left or right the light blinks once and fails then i can cancel it and sometimes it will work again and sometimes not just depends sometimes i have to cancel and alternate the switch a few times to get it to work left right left right left right....... when all i want is a right turn signal to come on
and I have almost gotten ran over in the morning because of it.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #19
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvacustoms
I have been having a similar problem but mine stems from pushing down slightly on the turn signal and over to a left or right the light blinks once and fails then i can cancel it and sometimes it will work again and sometimes not just depends sometimes i have to cancel and alternate the switch a few times to get it to work left right left right left right....... when all i want is a right turn signal to come on
and I have almost gotten ran over in the morning because of it.
I had this problem and thought I had a bad connection.It ended up that it was a bad bulb.Installed new bulb,no more problem.
:cool:

Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #20
Jvacustoms

The only issue with that Scenario... is that all of the bulbs on my bike minus the two indicator lights at the key switch location are brand new. and have been replaced twice because i thought maybe i got a bad bulb.... I don't know what could be causing it but it is rather annoying. I replaced my back bulb as described but Johnathan180iq brake light. turns out those bulbs also work in the front turn signal sockets as well without a hitch. however the ones in the back turn signals are a single filament bulb but i managed to find a lower voltage higher wattage bulb for that socket.. I can get the numbers off the bulb later if anyone is interested.