Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 09-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
Romie69

Re: "Divet in Head" on 2008

Rep denied warrenty work (I was two months out from it expired date) but the dealer is willing to work out some sort of "deal"..450 bucks,, out the door. I'll pay the money, I just want my bike back, then I'll pursue the rep for Colorado to get my money back! Either way, this has left a bad !@$@#$ taste for Suzuki in my mouth!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #12
bonehead

It would me too. Did they determine a cause? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #13
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romie69
Rep denied warrenty work (I was two months out from it expired date) but the dealer is willing to work out some sort of "deal"..450 bucks,, out the door. I'll pay the money, I just want my bike back, then I'll pursue the rep for Colorado to get my money back! Either way, this has left a bad !@$@#$ taste for Suzuki in my mouth!
things happen and stuff breaks some times you can get something brand new and it has a problem right way. if the warranty is out there probably not going to fix it ever no matter what it is unless there is a recall so dont get too upset about that. sorry about that bad luck, Suzuki makes good bikes, im on my second one and would buy another.

it sux what happened but at least its not more money to get it fixed. and if you bother the guy enough he might get sick of you and just pay for it. not likely but you never know. but after you fix it that bike will probably run for years. most people say the little 250 motor is bullet proof but like i said every once in a while even the best quality products may not live up to their expectations.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #14
Romie69

I do appreciate the feedback all.

Thanks,

R
Old 10-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
tommygun

I am in a similar situation with my 08. I have a head gasket blown and was given a ball park quote by the dealer of 350 for their labor to take apart and reassemble the head and that they have to ship out the head cuz it's warped and they don't know how much that will cost. Here is my service history (problems only) after purchase July 2008.
- Exhaust manifold gasket blown - Nov (done under warrenty)
- Head gasket blown - June 2009 (done under Suzuki warranty)
- Crack/ leak in exhaust led to no back pressure = wrapped head= blown gasket - Oct 2009 (warranty expired)
I spoke with the service manager and he said he is going to call the rep because this bike has had some major problems. I am hoping I will get better results here in GA. In short I think I got screwed into purchasing an under powered bike that was in my price range just so they could sell a bike!

Old 10-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #16
Water Warrior 2

tommygun, sounds like the dealer is trying to resolve your issues and make things right. You may have the wrong bike for your riding needs but you are the person who made the decision to buy. I doubt they were trying to screw you but more likely wanting to get you on the road happily with a first(?) bike in hopes you would upgrade with them later. Getting screwed is being talked into a bike way beyond your skill level and saying you will grow into it. That my friend is a recipe for disaster and sometimes a world of hurt.