Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-12-2006, 01:36 AM   #1
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
My Ride for Friday...

Was to the Delaware River and Canal on Rt 611 in Easton Pa and points south.

Beautiful day for a ride today. Sunny and 78. Cant ask for more than that. Decided to take a ride back out to the river and canal, this time with my camera. Put in about 100 miles today had a nice relaxing time with beautiful scenery and winding roads. Most of the canal is destroyed as you can see (hurricane storms from last year flooded the area).

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-23-2006, 08:25 AM   #2
wildmedemt

scenic 611...

that is a great ride from Easton to Kintnersville...the rt.32 road closure further South is a real bummer. There is a way around, but I don't know all the names of the roads. If you follow 611 South, past the old GIG, turn left at the next light (where the Ferndale Inn is) onto Kintner Hill Rd and it will take you up and over. There are a few more turns to work your way over to Bridgeton Hill Rd, but you'll have to check a map. Anyhoo, that will get you past the detour and back onto 32 and the windy country roads are really nice - though be careful: when they show signs for a curve, they really mean it. There's a pretty nasty serpentine on a sharp decline that can be hairy on Bridgeton Hill Road.

cheers!
AmyG
Old 08-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
Dupo

Hmm, im gonna have to map it and find my way past that closure on 32. Any idea how far down that is closed?

And i was (i assume) near your neck of the woods yesterday :cool: I was purposely trying to get lost and accomplished it lol. I took Limeport Pike to the end and made a left on Kings Hwy across 663 which turns into Geryville Pike. Took that past Marlborough to Rt 63. At 63 i back tracked up Swamp Creek Rd. (weird off/on spot in there to get back on the same road again) to Upper Ridge Rd to Trumbauersville Rd. Took that to Allentown Rd and back to Coopersburg then home to Allentown.

I must say, Geryville Pike has an amazing amount of mid 1800s houses on it! I was in total amazement how well kept they are. What a site to see all those old houses. Swamp Creek Rd was another WOW road. I almost crashed a few times looking at everything LOL. The creek that it follows is one heck of a site with all those glacier boulders in it. Also, if you pay attention, theres TONS of old buildings/foundations and standing fireplaces (with no homes left, i assume it was a camp area). I saw busted up and overgrown abandonded homes, shacks ..... amazing site to see.

I am gonna take that route again and take some pics. Too good to pass up.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 08-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
wildmedemt

rt 32 road closure

I think the closure is about 2 miles South of the old GIG (Great American Grill) which is right at the pt where 611 bends away from the river (and continuing straight turns into 32.

Lots of great cruising roads in Upper Bucks! I did the same thing as you the other day...
"got lost" from some road off of 663 and ended up in Coop. Nice roads, though I couldn't tell you the names! I ended up coming back to the Q on Old Bethlehem Pike. :chop:
Old 08-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
Dupo

Sounds like you got on Allentown Road

Thats a great ride towards Montgomery County too. I go that way when i visit my dad on the bike. Unfortunately i know alot of the roads off there so getting lost off Allentown Rd is kinda hard but still nice scenery nonetheless.

(sorry for the slow reply, verizon cut me off the net for several days because they are idiots)

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook