Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 04-25-2015, 12:44 AM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine View Post
Oops......Meant the tightest point NOT the slackest.....Good catch W.W.
Kinda thought you had a senior moment......................quit that. You aren't old enough yet.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-25-2015, 07:51 AM   #12
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Kinda thought you had a senior moment......................quit that. You aren't old enough yet.
LMAO!!!!.......Getting there......slowly!!!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #13
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
LMAO!!!!.......Getting there......slowly!!!
And then one day you will blink and be 10 years older.
As we get older we value life more and more every day because we have 24 hours less left at the end of the day. Value every day even if it is a downer. Tomorrow will be better.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #14
blaine

Quote:
And then one day you will blink and be 10 years older.
As we get older we value life more and more every day because we have 24 hours less left at the end of the day. Value every day even if it is a downer. Tomorrow will be better.
So true WW.....After beating cancer in 07 I give blessing every morning I can open my eyes.........Never take it forgranted......It can be gone in a flash!!

Old 04-28-2015, 02:09 AM   #15
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
So true WW.....After beating cancer in 07 I give blessing every morning I can open my eyes.........Never take it forgranted......It can be gone in a flash!!
Wow, you give me even more hope for Lynda and her present battle with Cancer. Her illness is why I no longer ride. I don't dare take a chance on a mishap laying me up while Lynda needs me. She was told she had stage 4 Cancer over a year ago. So far so good.
Oddly enough I had just bought and paid good money to get a 1983 GL650 back on the road a week before her first Dr. appt and tests. Consequently I have an unridden road worthy bike just sitting and gathering dust. That doesn't bother near as much as possibly loosing Lynda in the future.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:44 AM   #16
blaine

Quote:
Wow, you give me even more hope for Lynda and her present battle with Cancer. Her illness is why I no longer ride. I don't dare take a chance on a mishap laying me up while Lynda needs me. She was told she had stage 4 Cancer over a year ago. So far so good.
Oddly enough I had just bought and paid good money to get a 1983 GL650 back on the road a week before her first Dr. appt and tests. Consequently I have an unridden road worthy bike just sitting and gathering dust. That doesn't bother near as much as possibly loosing Lynda in the future.
Positive thoughts WW...I was giving a 30% chance of not coming outta surgery. ( I was down to 96 lbs) 11 days later I was home riding my GZ with feeding tubes tubes tucked into my vest....... Dr said my will power to ride again saved my life.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #17
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Positive thoughts WW...I was giving a 30% chance of not coming outta surgery. ( I was down to 96 lbs) 11 days later I was home riding my GZ with feeding tubes tubes tucked into my vest....... Dr said my will power to ride again saved my life.
Wow! You must be the Poster Boy for "Never Give Up".

Friend of mine just passed away 3 weeks ago. He made a big mistake in my personal opinion. Although he had great faith in the Creator and his beliefs that he lived by everyday, he failed to see that his Creator had also provided a large number of health care folks to fix his problems. Lynda has a lot of Faith but won't rely on that alone. Lynda isn't out of the woods yet but thanks to the medical professionals available to us she is still breathing and still has a bucket list to look forward to.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #18
spldart

Wow! I had no idea... Well... obviously I had no idea the ordeals you guys were going though...
I wish you the best..
I was diagnosed congestive heart failure about 20 months ago and given 5 years to live. I'm trying to enjoy the time that prognosis gave me
Well wishes to you and yours I plan on kicking my time frame in the a$$ ;~D
'edit' much respect and love in case I said anything inappropriate.
'edit2' Now I'm wondering if the 5 to 15 mm I left in my chain slack was to little o_O

Last edited by spldart; 05-10-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:23 AM   #19
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spldart View Post
Wow! I had no idea... Well... obviously I had no idea the ordeals you guys were going though...
I wish you the best..
I was diagnosed congestive heart failure about 20 months ago and given 5 years to live. I'm trying to enjoy the time that prognosis gave me
Well wishes to you and yours I plan on kicking my time frame in the a$$ ;~D

Lynda has already kicked her time frame in the butt. She has opted for a 5 year plan instead of the 6 months the Doc originally mentioned.

'edit' much respect and love in case I said anything inappropriate.

I think "we" as a group tend to repect each other on this forum more than most. Even our youngest members seem to have a good measure of maturity and common sense. Must be the GZ Effect.

'edit2' Now I'm wondering if the 5 to 15 mm I left in my chain slack was to little o_O
Some one will be along shortly with the correct numbers. You are better to have a little too much slack than not enough. If I remember correctly I used to adjust Lynda's chain with 3/4 inch of slack. Some of the slack is used up as the rear suspension compresses due to load and bumps.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #20
Fawlty

This link will lead you to all the information you need:

http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showt...t=owner+manual

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)

Tags
chain tighten