Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 06-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
matt_giz

GZ250(US) parts onto a GZ125(UK)???

Hi everybody I'm from London England and am having difficulty finding some parts for my GZ125 K6

Would anybody know if the following GZ250(US) parts can be put on a GZ125(UK)? As far as I can tell they're virtually the same bike!

GZ250 06 Fuel tank - I love the clean look and "S" logo.

GZ250 Front Mudguard.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Matt

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Sarris

Re: GZ250(US) parts onto a GZ125(UK)???

Brother, I've looked at a bunch of GZ 125 photos and I got to tell you that they look identical.

That being said, I can't find the tank or fender part numbers for the 125 to compare to the 250.

So..... your guess is as good as mine. If you can get the Suzi part numbers you can compare them here. Ron Ayers Microfiche

Let us know what you find out. Good luck.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_giz
Hi everybody I'm from London
And what part of Yorkshire would that be? :biggrin: O.k., I won't hold that against you - it's not your fault you're a Southerner :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm ashamed to admit it, but my son lives in Oxford.

As for the parts :- the 125 has only a single exhaust pipe, so I know for a fact that the 250 crash bars won't fit - The bike shop over here got sent the wrong ones.

As for the "S" logo on the tank, you might have a problem. The English bikes are known as Marauder, & have the big 3D plastic marauder badges on the tank. However - they're only stuck on, so you might try removing them & getting some "S" logos from your local bike shop. That'll be cheaper, anyway, than a new tank.

There's another guy, here on the site, from England, & he reckons that the 250s are rare as rocking horse shit in England.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
ncff07

I think the marauder logo looks better than the S on the sides of the tank. I took those off.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
matt_giz

Thanks for the GZ250 fiche parts list and info, this will certainly come in handy.

If anyone requires the fiche parts list for a GZ125 (I know this forum is predominantly aimed at 250 owners but there is a serious lack of resource and discussion regarding the 125 and I think this definately worth posting) I use these guys:

www.cmsnl.com

So I've compared parts on a GZ250 to that of a GZ125 and although the look VERY VERY similar the part numbers are actually different for the tank and front fender. However, although the part numbers are different for the tank, the tank's mounting cushions, bolts etc share the same part numbers. It probably is possible to fit the 250 tank onto a 125 provided of course the 250 chassis is the same as the 125 along the top!

As for the fender, I presumed the 250 might have a different part number because maybe the 250's wheels were different bigger perhaps, but they're actually the same as the 125. I wonder what else is the same??

Obviously their engines and engine mounts are different, plus their exhausts etc. Problem is I'm having trouble getting good condition 125 parts but I can get 250 parts (bizarrely). If it is possible to fit 250 parts onto a 125 and vice versa could make acquiring parts far easier.

Your thoughts on any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I "offed" pretty bad, some twat decided to do a u-turn across three lanes of traffic... totally wrote off the front end of my bike, this has now been rebuilt bar the front fender. The tank took a beating too, got a dent the size of my fist in it! Works fine though, just looks like hell.

Matt

Old 06-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
matt_giz

ncff07: What are the "S" logo's on the 250 tank made out of?

I'm thinking of getting a 250 tank for my 125 (can't find 125 tanks anywhere)

The marauder ones are made out of plastic by the way and look pretty cheap. I took mine off. Infact I don't have any badges on mine! Just black, no insignia. Works for me.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
matt_giz

A GZ250 in England = Bloody rare!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
Sarris

The "S" logo is a thick rubberized self adhesive 3-D plastic with a chrome finish. I bought one for my windshield from Ron Ayers.

Here is the Emblem, they are $19.79 US + shipping

I'd go for the tank change ($440.87 US + Shipping in Black new) just to get a steel tank. You can find a herd of used tanks on eBay. Be aware though, that the front fender is plastic.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_giz
Thanks for the GZ250 fiche parts list and info, this will certainly come in handy.

If anyone requires the fiche parts list for a GZ125 (I know this forum is predominantly aimed at 250 owners but there is a serious lack of resource and discussion regarding the 125 and I think this definately worth posting) I use these guys:

http://www.cmsnl.com

So I've compared parts on a GZ250 to that of a GZ125 and although the look VERY VERY similar the part numbers are actually different for the tank and front fender. However, although the part numbers are different for the tank, the tank's mounting cushions, bolts etc share the same part numbers. It probably is possible to fit the 250 tank onto a 125 provided of course the 250 chassis is the same as the 125 along the top!

As for the fender, I presumed the 250 might have a different part number because maybe the 250's wheels were different bigger perhaps, but they're actually the same as the 125. I wonder what else is the same??

Obviously their engines and engine mounts are different, plus their exhausts etc. Problem is I'm having trouble getting good condition 125 parts but I can get 250 parts (bizarrely). If it is possible to fit 250 parts onto a 125 and vice versa could make acquiring parts far easier.

Your thoughts on any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I "offed" pretty bad, some twat decided to do a u-turn across three lanes of traffic... totally wrote off the front end of my bike, this has now been rebuilt bar the front fender. The tank took a beating too, got a dent the size of my fist in it! Works fine though, just looks like hell.

Matt
Maybe the powers that be would be nice enough to find a permanent place on the forum for this source of parts.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
ncff07

Yup Sarris hit it with the material there made of. Hard to get off too kept coming off a little piece at a time.