Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 01-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
mcintyre_aerospace

I'm really impressed, I new that I was going to modify the fender, but didn't know how to, this will really help. I'm planing on moding the front and rear fenders, and custom painting the entire bike with an airbrush. I'm thinking all flat black with blue silver flames with a little pearl. I think ill copy some of the guys on here, they have some great ideas about the rear fender, and your front one looks really good, I may try for a little more pointy, or whatever you wanna call it, It may take me a month or so, But ill post all the pics for what I do. I may also try higher handlebars, cause i like to lean back a little when I ride, ill see what it looks like, if it doesn't look good ill try lower sportier bars, and maybe different mirrors, ours look really bulky.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #12
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Since these are screw in mirrors, any generic sport mirrors should work. Also, I think bar-end mirrors look pretty sharp.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #13
Aussie_Al1

Send a message via MSN to Aussie_Al1
Just a ponderence for all after seeing these pictures, I have a series of small although deep scratches on the front tip of my front fender also. After cutting and finishing with sand paper of various coursness is the edge finish obvious or just as good as original???

Al'

P.S are there any "front lip" decorative trims available for a GZ250 (like Harley's)

Old 01-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #14
Jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Al1
Just a ponderence for all after seeing these pictures, I have a series of small although deep scratches on the front tip of my front fender also. After cutting and finishing with sand paper of various coursness is the edge finish obvious or just as good as original???

Al'

P.S are there any "front lip" decorative trims available for a GZ250 (like Harley's)
You can get the edge perfectly smooth (it's just about time), although the stock fender has a double edge hard to imitate. You can also buy a decorative chrom-looking trim at car modding shops.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #15
mcintyre_aerospace

Well, the tank I wanted off of eba ended up going for allmost $100, thats 1/6th of the total ive spent on my bike, so Im stuck on fixing my bike for a little longer. Ill find one eventually, so any heads up will help.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #16
CMS

rack

Jamie , is the rack homemade or did you purchase it ? If puchased where at? I like the rack, anrd the whole bike for that matter. CMS

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953
Old 01-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #17
Jaime

The rack costs around 90$ and it's made here in Spain, a bit far away from Ohio, hehe.
I could send you one of them if you pay the expensive shipping costs.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:39 PM   #18
trykemike

front fender

can the front fender be removed without removing the front wheel. the manual is not clear on this ?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #19
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Yeah man,

There are just 4 little bolts, two on each side, that mount the fender to the front forks.

I can't remember if they are 10mm or 12mm but you'll just need a wrench and some patience, as you can't rotate the wrench very far without having to realign it and continue loosening the bolts. Once the bolts come off, the fender just slides up and out over the wheel. If you have skinny hands, you can finger the bolts out, once you get them loosened.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #20
trykemike

front fender

Thanks Johnathan I bought a front fender ornament and since the bike is in the shed which is buried by 20 inches of snow I thought I would ask.