Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #21
dannylightning

Re: the wind is sure giving me some major trouble today, bla

if it is hard to move with the shoulder pads maybe the jacket is too small, i have no problem with the armor in my jacket.

it is kind of hard to find one that fits just right, it is always best to go to a local motorcycle shop and try one on if possible, different brands run different sizes, the shift jackets seem to run about the size they are supose to be, i have a medium icon jacket and it's probably really a large. i have tried on other medium jackets at the motorcycle shop that fit like a large also. than i tired a small and thy were way to small.

so check your local motorcycle shops first, we got 2 big ones here that have tons of new and use bikes, rick rousch and state 8 both have a lot of gear for sale

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #22
diffluere

Gainesville is lame. We only have 1 bike shop here and they maybe have 4 or 5 ladies jackets at any given time. And usually they're all hideous, with pink butterflies and flowers and swirly things on them. No thanks, not for me! There are a few more shops in Ocala, but the salespeople there annoy the shit out of me. I try to nicely say I'm fine and just looking but they just keep coming over to talk to me.

I'm only on my bike for 10 mins on the way to school so buying some big box thing to put on the bike seems kind of a waste. If I go long distances I just use my magnetic tank bag and my saddlebags to carry stuff for me. The cross straps thing would be cool, I wonder if I can find some to add to my backpack? Again, not going to buy a whole new backpack just for some straps. I bet I could make some, I'm pretty handy at sewing. It's really not an issue now that it's hot outside cause I don't wear a jacket but maybe next winter I will reconsider.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #23
dannylightning

it might be worth the pushy sails people, if they come bother you just say i am looking to buy a coat, if i see one i like and it fits right i will buy it, so i do not need any help, i can try on coats just fine by my self, thank you lol

i have this cargo net thing, it has a few hooks that go under the rear fender, set your stuff on the rear seat, hook one side on, stretch it over top of what your carrying and hook the other side on and you are ready to drive away, it works quite nicely, the hooks on mine are just made of plastic, think i'm going to get some rubber tubing to slide over the hooks to make sure its not taking the paint off if i ever need to use it,

i used it one time when i bought my full face helmet, i rode to the shop to look around and decided to get a full face for the colder weather, i bought the net the same day and strapped my new helmet down on the back seat,

it is probably not good for loose items but you could definately strap a back pack down with it. but i would not suggest strapping down a few loose books lol here is a picture of what they look like. got to love google images, you can find pic of almost any thing

Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #24
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

I have a net like that for each of my bikes. They are very handy to have at all times.

Bikebandit sells them for like $2, so if you're ordering from them for anything else, why not just add one to the cart?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #25
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere
The cross straps thing would be cool, I wonder if I can find some to add to my backpack? Again, not going to buy a whole new backpack just for some straps.
I wonder if you could accomplish roughly the same thing with a velcro "strap" about a foot long ??

Old 04-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #26
mrlmd1

You have a sissy bar on your bike - why can't you just strap on and bungee the backpack to the sissy bar? That works quite well.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #27
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
I wonder if you could accomplish roughly the same thing with a velcro "strap" about a foot long ??

That is a good idea Easy, you would probably need to attach it to at least one of the straps (sew it in maybe) otherwise it would probably be hard to deal with if it wasn't at least semi-attached.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #28
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere
The cross straps thing would be cool, I wonder if I can find some to add to my backpack? Again, not going to buy a whole new backpack just for some straps.
Good idea Easy. Also hit a $store for a nylon strap with a buckle on it.

Oh before I forget, New Enough notified me today of a clearance of Ladies jackets for $40. Worth checking out.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #29
Easy Rider

[quote=music man]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Easy Rider":8sma7z9n

That is a good idea Easy, you would probably need to attach it to at least one of the straps (sew it in maybe) otherwise it would probably be hard to deal with if it wasn't at least semi-attached.[/quote:8sma7z9n]

Yea, probably would be better.
Maybe not though, if you pulled it tight.........and some of us have...mmmmm...."things" to help keep it from moving around too much. :shocked: :crackup
Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #30
diffluere

Thanks for the ideas guys! The backpack really only slips when I wear my waterproof jacket with the shoulder pads in it, so I took the pads out. I haven't been wearing the jacket that often, since it's been hot and not rainy. This summer I am only taking 2 classes at a time so chances are, my notebooks will go in the saddlebags and I'll just throw in a small bag to carry them at school. The jacket will probably go in the other saddlebag since it'll be rainy season. =( Once again, hooray for full face helmets! Raindrops + eyes = pain.