Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
AndrewGZ250_02

Slightly obscure motorcycle crash scenarios to keep in mind.

There are several obscure accident scenarios which stay at the forefront of my mind, they have happened to people I know, or a friend of a friend. I'll share them:

1) Checking blind-spot when merging onto a highway. Do it fast! My friend was merging, checked blind-spot, and when he turned to face forward the car in front of him, he found it had slowed right down! He reacted in surprise by slamming his front brakes and went flying over the handlebars, but he was fine, thanks to his guardian angel.

2) Passing on an On-Ramp. My guru friend was actually told at a rest-stop to stop drafting, so, in a fit of manliness he sped up and passed the cager on an On-Ramp, only to find it wasn't a gentle curve, but he was fast-approaching a T-intersection with the highway! He turned fast and tight in, but bounced off the inside curb and went tumbling. He was fine, but extra careful when taking his helmet off, as his head inside the helmet could have been quite damaged.

3) Getting nudged from behind at a stop-light. Friend of a friend was stopped behind a cage, he got hit from behind at a VERY slow speed, but going over the handle-bars, he hit the trunk of the car in front, landing his neck on it. He died.

Hope this helps widen your sense of possible crashes, friends.

Login or Register to Remove Ads