music man 0 0%
alanmcorcoran 1 3.85%
Dupo 1 3.85%
None of the above 6 23.08%
Other (post below) 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Tell me what to do.

:popcorn:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
mr. softie

Re: Tell me what to do.

Would this be a one day ban like being grounded, or a lifetime ban like being gone forever?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

You tell me!

Old 04-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
mr. softie

Maybe a radio button for none of the above? I dig all these guys and would miss any one of them were they banned.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
patrick_777

Good plan! Thanks for the direction.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
:popcorn:
Well now THIS should be interesting!
FWIW, I will NOT be voting; conflict of interest and all that!

How come Patrick_777 is not on the list ??? :poke2: :neener:
Old 04-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
patrick_777

Nominated!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
You tell me!
Please pardon me while I "jerk" a hijacked thead over here........maybe that will get me more votes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
I just don't understand where all this hostility is coming from, and it's not particularly directed at me, and I'm not alone in sensing it. It's the way you guys talk.
I guess you REALLY don't understand it so I will TRY to explain it, hopefully without causing (too much) further hostility:

Just because you PERCEIVE it as hostility, doesn't mean that it is INTENDED to be hostile.

It's a guy thing. If you have never spent time on an amateur sports team or chugged a few beers in a "red neck" bar, then I guess you have no frame of reference. Guys bull-shit each other.......a LOT. Most women I know even understand that. Maybe prim and proper males don't or they have forgotten it along the way ??

Now, I am aware that in this current, femanized society, a lot of "guys" won't understand that......and it's OK.....but you don't have to get HOSTILE about it either. I think a member or two needs to have a Doctor extract that bug from their butt......and I'm not the only one sensing THAT either.

And one last point: An educated person (especially) should not be in the habit of saying "never" when he really means "almost never" or "rarely". Language and phrasing are important in conveying your ideas accurately.

And......just to cover all the bases, new users get what they dish out. If they charge in here like a bull in a china shop and take offense at the first thing that doesn't exactly match what they think they want..........they get REAL hostility, richly deserved. It is pretty easy to tell which people will be entertaining and which will be real disruptive assholes. Of course, sometimes that analysis takes a bit longer.

Going to WAR over an innocent comment accomplishes nothing useful.........well, except maybe for providing Patrick some entertainment. He can, I'm sure, entertain himself in other ways.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
alanmcorcoran

Wow, I never get nominated for anything! Not exactly the Lifetime Achievement award, but it is an honor to be recognized.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
Water Warrior 2

They should all be banned until they go for a 300 mile ride and take the time to chill a bit. That particular thread was very surprising as we rarely see that kind of hostility and bad language. Let's not lower our standards here.