Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 02-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
Lukz

My 2009 GZ250

This is my GZ250, last week I installed an engine guard and white strobes (front and back) I'll be riding a lot on the highway and I want to be completely visible (they are not showed in the pic, it was taken before) I'll post it later.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
alanmcorcoran

Re: My 2009 GZ250

Glad to have you here. Others may chime in on this - be careful about adding anything that draws current to the GZ. It has just about enough ouput to charge the battery and very little to spare. You can get away with a very low amp draw, but anything significant and you are going to be draining your battery as you ride. If you aren't sure, make sure you know how to push start the GZ for "emergencies." (It's relatively easy if you have a slight hill.)
Old 02-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
Lukz

Hey Alan, thanks for the advice, the guys at Suzuki warned me about it, As I told you in the PM, my office will be moving next march, the highway that I´ll have to ride usually got a lot of fog, so they recommended me to install the strobes in order to be visible there. I think both strobe modules use 35 watts, adding them are 70 watt plus headlight and yellow ones... hope battery holds them. I´ll try to take a pic with the strobes on.

Take care,

LC

Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

That would likely be illegal here in the States. I know plenty of folks who have been pulled over for headlight modulators even. Strobes are generally a no-no unless you're an emergency vehicle or a tow truck (ie. emergency vehicle).
Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
Lukz

Hi Patrick,

Here in Mexico city and metro area, white strobes are allowed in order to be visible and for safety reasons, if I change the color, say blue or red as emergency vehicles I could end up arrested for that; last sunday I took a long ride, there were police cars and no one saids a thing about them, so I just confirmed they are allowed. It's good to know that in US are illegal, just in case one day want to ride far north.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #6
LeoJo

With all that traffic in the District I would have much more than just strobes. I can't believe anyone can safely drive a motorcycle there. I also wear a reflective Icon motorcycle vest when I'm riding. I believe BMW comes with strobing headlight for daylight driving.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Yes, you can buy headlight modulators which variate the power to the headlight automatically in a slow pulse-type action. It's not a "strobe" by any means. Luks is talking about actual on-off flashing strobe lights like emergency vehicles use...they are on top of buses here now too.

Just so you know, headlight modulators can get you pulled over too...not necessarily ticketed, but definitely pulled over.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #8
Lukz

Well, Leojo is right, is kind of difficult to drive here in Mexico City, but you get used to it, strobes are a real help mostly at dusk or too early in the morning, I´m posting the pics where they´re located on my bike, front strobes are installed over the engine guard. The strobes brand is R-Type and they are from Taiwan. Modules are installed inside the seat.