Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 02-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
Joho

Fuses

Hey guys, I have an 02 GZ with 7500 miles. Lately I've had problems with fuses blowing. Any advice?

1. Stock fuse blew on interstate at 65 mph. Engine shut off, pulled over, and after cussing and swearing i located the spare fuse (the GZ only has ONE fuse underneath the right side cover, the second is a spare!!). Replaced it, and rode home.
2. Two days later, the spare blew while I was going through an intersection at 15mph. I went to a gas station, picked up a grossly-overpriced fuse set, and popped it in.
3. The gas station fuse blew about 5 mins later as I pulled into a Bank parking lot. ARGHH!!

Now I have a fuse in there from a grocery store. (5.99..UGH!) I haven't had any problems for a day or so, but I was wondering if I should look for anything specifically on the bikes wiring.

I'm theorizing that the two fuses that were on the bike (original + spare) had "worn out", and I simply got a bad fuse from the gas station. Is my luck really this bad? Or could recurring blown fuses signal a problem?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help, because I am planning a 500 mile ride next week!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads