Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
BillInGA

Denver to Atlanta

Hello GZ'ers, I've been off the forum for a while - super busy at work and home.

But, it's finally that time. I'm leaving tonight for Denver to pick up my Vulcan 500.

I'll be following essentially the same route I took out to Colorado, but with some different stopping points: Pratt, KS; West Plains, MO (same as the outbound trip); and Tupelo, MS. At this point Tupelo is still up in the air. I might want to do a long day and overnight at a friend's house in Leesburg, AL, or do a really long day and go all the way home. I just depends on how I'm feeling. In any case, I have four days planned.

Weather looks like beautiful riding conditions the entire way with high temps in the high 70's / low 80's and no rain forecast. Although, with lows in the low 50's, it may be a little cool in the mornings. I'm bringing some extra layers with me and the big windshield on the Vulcan will help keep the cool wind at bay.

Tomorrow is maintenance and prep day in Colorado. I'll be installing my new backrest and throttle lock (shipped to my parent's house) and I'll be bringing my new Airhawk pneumatic seat cushion. I'm looking forward to using the Airhawk - I've heard great things about it, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

With the additions to the bike and the nicer weather, I'm looking forward to an enjoyable ride.

I'll post along the way if I'm able. Otherwise, I'll see you on the other side.

Bill

Login or Register to Remove Ads