Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Beginners

Old 11-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #31
blaine

Re: Freeway & Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by varangianknight
I live by the coast now and just found out that you dont have to be on a highway to have a scary experience with wind! Headwind, icky. Tailwind, Cool. Sidewind @#$^* scary! Slowed down, TRIED to relax (how the heck do you relax when death may be only a breath of wind away!?) and hunkered down.
When I first started riding my G.Z. the wind would scare the s#^t outta me.You get used to it after a while.It took me a full season to get over the edgy feeling in the wind.
:2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #32
Water Warrior 2

The wind will not be as scary after some more saddle time. In time you will know what is coming but not quite when but it won't be near as frightening as you learn to relax and not tense up which makes things worse. I also live near a coast and we get wind everyday on a regular basis. Just like the tide coming in and going out. I wondered who would name a town Squamish. Simple answer really. A native word for Mother of the Wind.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #33
lenkf

I have a fairly heavy duty rainsuit I bought for my big moto and store it in the sidecar. I avoid moto rain riding due to slippy roads and haven't used the suit yet (SoCal rider). However, I learned from forced bicycle riding in the wet that sometimes you can't avoid rain I added a handful of rubber bands to the bag that contains my moto rain suit. These will keep water from running up my legs and arms in case I have to moto in the rain. I also keep 2 1-gallon freezer bags handy for feet Cheeze feet can get cold when its wet.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #34
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkf
I also keep 2 1-gallon freezer bags handy for feet Cheeze feet can get cold when its wet.
Or get boots with the IMPRAPERM logo. They do what they say - keep the feet perfectly dry. Try Googling for further information.