Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 01-11-2019, 12:56 AM   #1
Shawnrue3631@gmail.com

Gz250 engin problems

Hi guys im new to this forum so please bare with me. I have recently perchanced a used 2006 gz250 and was told very little about it but it was cheap and ive been looking for a small starter bike for myself to learn to ride. So when i got it home i charged the battery and tryed to start it and nothing. Well long story short i ended up trying to turn the flywheel nut to see if it was locked up and i can get it to turn about 2/3 revolution both ways then it stops like something is stoping it would any one know what could be causing this? Thanks in advance

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-12-2019, 09:54 AM   #2
Gunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnrue3631@gmail.com View Post
So when i got it home i charged the battery and tryed to start it and nothing.
So when you say nothing, does the started engage and turn for a split second and then stop and sound like it is stuck? Or is there literally no movement whatsoever when you hit the start button?

Also, make sure you have the key in and in the ON position (this should automatically turn on your head/tail light as well as running lights), the on/off switch on the hand grip to the RUN position, and the clutch on the left side of the hand grip in all the way BEFORE you hit the start button.

I dont know how new you are to motorcycles, so dont take that as a stab at your intelligence, I'm just trying to make sure all the basic babble is out of the way. Hell I had no idea that the kickstand had to be up before it would pop into first without stalling when I first got mine!

Tags
gz 250