Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #11
blaine

Re: Used bike prices?

Good luck at the DMV. :cool:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #12
SpiritOaks

Thanks guys! Right now I'm fiddling with a pic of her that I took the first day I saw her (to add to my avatar)...of course once she is home, I'll be taking TONS of pics!! :lol:
[center:2upkx24c]Oort Gray Metallic YHG[/center:2upkx24c]
Old 05-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #13
Water Warrior 2

Hold off on seat mods until you have put some real miles on the bike. You may find it a perfect fit and a rash mod could upset your hind end. Looking forward to pics soonest.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #14
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Hold off on seat mods until you have put some real miles on the bike. You may find it a perfect fit and a rash mod could upset your hind end. Looking forward to pics soonest.
+1 on this. Different hinnies take to different seats. I have a V-Star 650 Classic and people say the seat is horrible. I added a back rest and can go for hours on that seat comfortably.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #15
mrlmd1

How old are the tires? You said it has a new rear? Look at the date stamp on the sidewalls for a little rectangular box - it has the week and year of manufacture of the tire. If it is 6+ years old it needs to be replaced regardless of how much tread is on them or how many miles they have..
Look at the front brake pads to see if they need replacement.
Has it had all the required maintenance, like valve checks, oil/filter renewal? It may be due for an oil change if not done within the last 3000miles.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #16
SpiritOaks

Guess what guys?? I got my bike!!! :2tup: Guess what else??? Not the one I described above!!! :lol: There is a very long story behind the one described above...things got personal and the wife was/IS ....so after a very long weekend of :biggun: , starting on Friday night, and it lingering on into last night, I was tired of :bang: & feeling like :puking: ....this afternoon I decided to NOT get the original one.
And besides all of that drama :popcorn: , nothing about ANY of this went smoothly before that either (other than the class , which :rawk: )...such as when I went to get my endorsement added...that was a nightmare (6 visits to DMV, 1 to SS office & 1 to Vital Stats....for 2 or 3 days)...ordering my helmet was a nightmare (1st place I ordered, didn't have it and didn't tell me for 7 days, second place didn't have it either, but luckily I asked right after ordering...then finally the third one had it...but I'm still waiting for it lol)...then the whole out of state title :facepalm:

You know when you want something SOOOOO badly, and work SOOOOO hard to get it...yet it's a cluster the whole way through...that when it finally comes time to actually getting it...you no longer want it? That was me. Every time I saw even OTHER GZs of the same color, it made me nauseous. So all I needed was to get reminded of it all every single time I saw the bike or wanted to ride it.
:poke2: :poke2: :poke2:

So....what I DID get....
A 2008 Silver GZ250, nearly the same exact miles (9453), brand spanking new set of tires, brakes, oil change (and changed every 2k mi), spark plug lol, and the guy only drove it from his house to work, which is nearly a straight shot, from his house, down a "country road" (US-92...old FL highway...no lights etc). Sold it because they have a gorgeous 8 month old baby girl to take care of now...he's also selling his bass boat. lol He was asking $2500...we "walked" away with it for $2100. :chop:
Took a few pics of it tonight when we got home...but it was almost dark and I will take more pics tomorrow I am sure...and will be sure to post some soon!!

Thanks again for all of your help...and this place kicks arse! I found some other great topics here through google searches lol...they always seem to lead back here. (Like 16 tooth Sprocket and Baffle removal) :tongue:
Old 05-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #17
mrlmd1

This is your first bike, get used to riding it before you start modding it to death. And I mean death.
Remove the baffle and you'll be sorry and regret it every time you ride. Or turn it o
The resale value will also go way down when you start messing with the exhaust like that. It doesn't add any performance, it just makes it sound louder and much worse, and you may be changing the exhaust back pressure enough to make it run like crap.
See what kind of riding you do and how you use the bike before you change the sprocket.
This may be a starter bike for you and in 6-12 months you may get an irresistible itch to move up to a bigger, heavier, more powerful bike. Leave this one alone, keep it stock for awhile, or you may not be happy with the result and you may have a real hard time selling it or trading it in. Weren't you lucky and happy to find a clean, well maintained, stock bike?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #18
Water Warrior 2

Maybe the first bike was never meant to be. You sound happy about the newer bike so it's all good in the long run. Umm, the bottom of your post is signed Susan, yet you talk about a wife. Should I ask or keep my mouth shut ? Not finger pointing just curious.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
SpiritOaks

Yeah, can ya believe it? :biggrin: I'm not going to go boogering it up....the first bike I looked at had the baffles removed and I preferred the sound...but I'm sure if I do decide to do it...it will be a while.
As for the seat....I am an artist, sculpter and work a lot with leather and textiles...and for most of my working years, worked in the automotive field...paint and autobody.
Plus I have a "bad back" (all of that hard labor in the automotive sector lol and fibromyalgia that flares up for a week or so every month)....and the hours that I did get to spend on the other one...the ride wasn't terrible...but I'm uber picky about the comfort of a seat...and my back got crampy fairly quickly.
Oh and I am a perfectionist! ROFL So trust me when I say...if I do take on this task...it will be done with the utmost of care...I either do it right...or I don't do it at all. I work slowly and carefully..and if I DID happen to screw it up...I am sure there are plenty of replacement OEM seats out there. So I am a n00b, but not a n00b you could say. hehe
Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #20
SpiritOaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Maybe the first bike was never meant to be. You sound happy about the newer bike so it's all good in the long run. Umm, the bottom of your post is signed Susan, yet you talk about a wife. Should I ask or keep my mouth shut ? Not finger pointing just curious.

ROFL A PSYCHO wife who suspects every little thing, yet is out screwing around herself...knowingly...can't stand for any female to treat her husband like a HUMAN bean. lol (yes that was on porpoise). Having worked around cars so long...I am a...as my husband likes to say...a mans woman...allowed into secret societies of males that no other woman before has been allowed into. ROFL Seriously though...I am quite feminine...yet think like a man...what more could you ask for? :rawk: