Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 12-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
CMS

Gw 250s

While scanning thru the GW 250 info I came upon picture of the 2014 model. It is a GW250S according to the article ,blue in color and it appears the same except it has a small fairing and windshield and has a normal bar instead of clip ons, looks very nice [IMHO] wonder if Suzuki is going the same route Honda did with their three models of 500cc bikes. I guess that makes my 2013 GW the naked version. CMS

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Yup, ran across that model a while back. Don't know if it will come to the Western World but it is available in China where the bikes are made.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunCW78 View Post
GW or GZ?
The GW 250. Made in China to have a lower price point and still have typical Suzuki quality. The fairing model is available in China only according to my info but may make it to other markets in time.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:49 AM   #4
alantf

When you say that these bikes have typical suzuki quality, times must have surely changed. In 2007 I bought a Chinese bike. At that time they bought the motors in. The honda engine in mine was fine, but the rest of the bike was a total POS. There were so many faults, including brakes, electrics, tyres, cooling, bodywork etc, etc, etc, that it was one day on the road, two days in the shop. I only had it a couple of months, and the local bike shop agreed with me that it was truly awful, sent it back to the distributors, and got me my money back.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #5
Goose51683

Wow that is pretty bad if the shop sent it back.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose51683 View Post
Wow that is pretty bad if the shop sent it back.
Probably one of those statistical things. Every now and again a product just will not work no matter what.
Years ago I read a tidbit about General Motors tracking down a car that was an absolute disaster. "All" the components were border line in quality and reliability. They somehow managed to find this car before it was shipped from the factory. Probably went straight to the crusher.
Back in the late 60's a fellow I worked with got a brand new Japanese car that was the same thing but was sold to him. Nothing worked for long and the car spent more time at the shop than in his possession. After a year of ownership he went back to the dealership and they agreed to sell him a new car for his Lemon trade and $100. They could have left him hung out to dry but were very apologetic and did the right thing. His second car was a gem and he loved it for it's reliability and quality.
This was before any Lemon Laws were ever thought of to protect consumers. As a matter of fact I doubt we have Lemon Laws in Canada now. The Lemon Laws in the U.S. did a lot for quality control and reliability in the entire auto industry.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
Rcarlisle

Our state motorcycle program just put 2 GWs into service. Can't speak for the reliability yet, but they feel really nice. Ride well, handle well. Only complaint so far is front brake feels a bit soft. But bike only has 48 miles, so pads aren't even seated good yet. Hopefully there will be more colors next year - too many black class bikes....

Randy
Old 06-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #8
suzukix668

Mad gz250

its sad to say when Suzuki has a bike that works & than drop it that's bad the gz250 is built well but like them to have a gz350 or 400cc 6speed gear box with the same styling as the 2000 gz250 for us small riders in short all the dealers
care about is the fat bikes & big engines & looks
Old 06-24-2014, 11:11 PM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukix668 View Post
its sad to say when Suzuki has a bike that works & than drop it that's bad the gz250 is built well but like them to have a gz350 or 400cc 6speed gear box with the same styling as the 2000 gz250 for us small riders in short all the dealers
care about is the fat bikes & big engines & looks
I would think the primary reason for the GZ disappearing in the North American market is emissions and a lack of sales. Hence the new FI engines and different looks of the TU250 and GW250 models.
You do however have the option of a used GZ or finding a S-40 which is the big brother to the GZ.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #10
CMS

I would say all the GZ's in the US are sold, new ones aren't imported, if they are even still being made. Any for sale are used or leftover. Still a good bike but the TU and the GW have replaced the GZ on the show room floor. The training schools still have some but I've also seen a lot of TU replacing the GZs there also. I have a TU and a GW, both are great bikes but I still miss my GZ, wish they would have up graded it [GZ] instead of bringing out a new model. CMS

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953